Pet shop cham! help

chameleonneeds

Avid Member
I went into a reptile petstore on Wednesdya and I saw they had a female veiled about half the size of what a 9 month old female veiled should look like.
I say this because she was in a glass cage smaller than a shoe box about 6 inches high by 10 inches long and 5 inches wide.
It had a fake ivy thread, snake carpet at bottom, and then I saw a butter tub about a third size of the cage in it and it was 2 inches filled with vermiculite!!??
O I asked the guy is she for sale and how much, he said no she laying eggs,
Her conditions are sorta ok, her eyes ar e a bit small thoug hand she sorta leans on her perch.

I want to help her or save her what should I do!!??

Thanks for further input.

I would go back and keep showing interest in her, if she isnt for sale initially maybe if he sees you like her he might change his mind.
or you could just go in and say you dont think she is in the best sort of enclosure and see what he says?

I hope he gives in.
They also had three mellers in a big cage but they where litlle babies where the female should of been, kinda unfair especialy if shes gravid!

Oh yeah and the vermiculite in the tub was for her to lay eggs in!

Last edited:
Hey I phoned them today and, I asked them about Veiled chameleons and they said they didnt have any, I asked about the female laying eggs and he said its been sold.
But told me the other day it wasent for sale hopefully he didnt lie and the cham was actualy dead:mad:

Back
Top Bottom