Pet screen for cages ?

Fate X

I discovered a product called pet screen its a polyester screen coated with vinyl ,I can buy 36" by25' for about $55.00.

would it be good for a chameleon cage?

Hi.. my panther's current cage uses pet screen. I like it a lot, but it is dark and hard to see through. Here.. a pic of it:

humidifiercage.jpg

I really do like it, except for the hard to see through part. If you are keeping one of the shy species of chameleons, it would afford some privacy while allowing good air flow. My new cage is using a different kind of screen. Also, I picked up this pet screen from a hardware store in town, and it was less than what you are looking at. I think it was around $1.50 a foot.

Heika

Just a suggestion, but the top part of the cage could probably be better if it was the traditional screen as more light passes though, and most species of chameleons probably live in quite bright areas.

thanks for the advice

i have 3 veils in the large esu cages and i need another cage for one more think i might build it myself.

Actually, the top of the cage is 1/8" screen. I didn't want to use the pet screen on the top, as I was worried it would block too much of the UVB light. The inside of the cage is quite bright. You just can't tell from the outside of it. One benefit... he can't seem to see out of the cage, which helps with his stress level, I think.

Heika

Fate X said:
i have 3 veils in the large esu cages and i need another cage for one more think i might build it myself.

Hi - how old are the chams and how big is the cage? I assume they are still young (under 3 months) and that you plan to separate them all?

Here is a good cage building site http://screencage

chamleonnews.com has an article as well I believe :)

hey, is it the inset screening that you can use. Aluminium screen and usually it says thta it's used to keep out mozys etc.

Cheers!

noah

they were 2 months old when i got them, i have them now for 2 months so they would be about 4 months .
3 of them are in esu large fresh air habitat's ,ones in the small version.
i just started them on superworms last week.

trying to get the picture here...

Fate X said:
they were 2 months old when i got them, i have them now for 2 months so they would be about 4 months .
3 of them are in esu large fresh air habitat's ,ones in the small version.
i just started them on superworms last week.

I don't know how large the fresh air habitats are but probably not large enough for 3 4month old veileds. What are their gender? Or are you saying that each one has their OWN large cage and one is in a smaller one? I hope that it is not 3 chams in one cage :eek:

Try some silkworms, too. Naturally high in calcium and not too fatty.

lele

each fresh air habitat is 30" by30" by18" there is one chameleon per cage.so their houses are 30" high 30"wide and 18 "deep. with exo-terra 5.0 flourescent lights for all of them plus dayglo basking lights for everybody

they are from esu called fresh air habitat you can buy the small ,medium or large. the large cost $70.00

one (sonic) is in a small house by himself until tomorrow or friday. i am waiting for another large esu cage.

These lightbulbs i use for basking lights are exo-terra sun glo neodymium and they work very good. i thought they were the day-glo .
i believe the sun-glo are better then the day-glo for chameleons to bask under.

Back
Top Bottom