Peacock chameleon *Phoenix area*

Sang

For anyone interested in The local petstore, Pets inc.

has two peacock chameleons. not sure how often these guys are available. but one looks to be in very good condition *they look young* and one i believe to be the female, has a burn blister on her lip.. she may need some work.

i would like to see these two go to a good keeper.

not sure what the price has been set at ..*probably around 80ish being a petstore* but after about 2-3 weeks they will be up for sale.. or you could go soon and pick them up without a 7 day health garuntee.

i can post some pics later.

hmm, unless they sold them. but they should still be out.

they are in screen cages, eye level next to were the large sulcattas used to be.

yeah, they asked me which of the species to get...this was one i told them not to...i told them to get the mellers or verracossus, which they did neither.

So...really i would like to see someone with some skill get these two...

lol, i gotta agree with dean...

i even joked with on of the dendrobate guys about it....what you gonna do.

i mean yah the guys that do the ordering are good guys..but this is a retail petstore setting. its not petsmart...and they actually listen to me for the most part when it comes to fixing cham care...and if they don't i just do it myself.

i got some pics btw.

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

This is the guy that came in overall looking healthy and better off then the other *in all honesty, without immediate vet care i don't see the other one making it*

but the guy featured in the photos..with a round of panacur and the proper cham care i am pretty sure he could do well in someones care.

Strictly referring to the humidity condition or lack thereof and the temperatures.
Dean
I know. However, I can keep the temperatures below 80 and keep humidity fairly high (50+) with the swamp cooler on. It's all a matter of how you cool your house. :)

This is so weird, I actually saw an import company advertising these and thought, WOW what a cool cham and contacted them. I am interested if someone can check it out for me.

I will say this. with all imports.... you put an animal through hell... and if your lucky/skillful enough you may get a animal that comes in fair health/stress and with the proper care will survive.

But a majority of these animals come in with parasites, stressed to hell and some are very specialized animals...

this is a smaller species of chameleon and require someone who has had experience with the trioceros family of chameleons.

do yourself a favor, if you can fine captive bred animals please purchase those, only resort to imports if you really have no other choice.

My thought is this, I can imagine what these animals go throught just to get here alive. If I can give one a peaceful, happy life for whatever time they have left, then that is my endeavor. I have knowledge of the trioceros family of chameleons and would do whatever is necessary. However, I do not want one that is on the brink of death, I couldn't bear it.

also, thanks chris for that info about them being female... i was going purely on a guess tbh.

as i really don't know much about this species.

Back
Top Bottom