Pat having breakfast.

This is Pat:

IMG_7326-1.jpg

I got him at the SD show from Mike at FLChams. I am not 100% on his age but I think he is 9 weeks old now. I had him in a screen cage and couldn't tell if he was eating. He lost some weight and I took mikes advice and put him into a rubbermaid like he had been growing up in. At first I wasn't sure if he was eating because he wouldn't eat with me anywhere in site (and I forgot to count the crickets:rolleyes::eek:). Well Sunday morning I weighed him, 3.3g, he was 2.8 the weekend before. He was back to his original weight when I first got him:

IMG_7480.jpg

This is his enclosure:

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

Yes that is a Herpmist misting head. He gets four, three minute mistings a day. Thinking I am going to step it up a bit.(I have 2 veileds (11months) and one panther (3 months old) on the same misting chain/cycle.

Here we are to the good stuff. Today when I woke up and fed the chams, Pat decided he didn't mind me watching him eat..... or he was too hungry to care. I dumped the crickets in and BAM! He had one before I could get the camera rolling. He ate six in a row... I missed the first cricket because he ate it as soon as it landed near him. The vids are in order of which he ate them and sorry, had to shoot through the Rubbermaid. I hope it isn't too blurry :eek:

I can't wait to watch him grow! You can see he likes his perch. Spends a lot of time there basking and as you can see..... eating:D

Howdy Kevin,

He looks like he's really doing well. That's a useful data point to remember about him doing so much better back in the Rubbermaid environment after spending time in the full screen enclosure. I'd guess that he really needed more humidity and maybe even more seclusion provided by the Rubbermaid setup.

I like the last tongue-shot video the best :). I never get tired of them :eek:.

Howdy Kevin,

He looks like he's really doing well. That's a useful data point to remember about him doing so much better back in the Rubbermaid environment after spending time in the full screen enclosure. I'd guess that he really needed more humidity and maybe even more seclusion provided by the Rubbermaid setup.

I like the last tongue-shot video the best :). I never get tired of them :eek:.

He seems to be doing much better... But I do notice him trying to get out more often now that he is comfy in the Rubbermaid. Mostly him just standing on his hind legs reaching up the walls of the tub. The other day his temp probe dropped in a bit too far and he climbed up the wire and onto the misting jet near the heat lamp. I am not sure how long he was there, but he sat there on a zip tie just looking around when I found him. He seemed pretty bummed to have to go back to his sticks and fake plants. I think I need to put some more stuff for him to climb around on. I think he's getting bored lol :rolleyes:

My little Mellers shed and all of a sudden he seems so much bigger-I was worried that he wasn't growing like he should! Mine is still in the tub, but I think we are getting close to going into another tub with more things to crawl around on or a big boy cage- I agree with Summoner-I think he will be happier that way! :)

Back
Top Bottom