Parsonii

OldChamKeeper

Chameleon Enthusiast
There's not a better Chameleon in the world. It's been 12 years since I had my last one and he's still the best Herp I've ever kept.

Let's see some pictures, if we have any members who have them. On a side note I'm at a point now where I can afford a Male so if anybody knows one needing a good home I'm all ears.

I don't think Mike at Fl Chams has any left (maybe) he recently got some in and they looked beautiful.
I would start by contacting him.

-Brad

Here are my guys.
Both are males about 2 years old.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 382
  • ??????????? 085.jpg
    ??????????? 085.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 411
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 363
Nice pictures guys!

I already contacted Mike at FL Chams and Chris Anderson, I've been in contact with Chris since he was 15 and trust him completely. I'm in zero hurry after waiting 12 years and between those two I'm sure I'll find a Male to join the family in time.

I would LOVE a Parsons. They are, I think, the most distinguished looking chameleons. They are so beautiful!

Here are some of my guys and girls.

Attachments

• parsons 024.jpg
    parsons 024.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 392
  • parsons 019.jpg
    parsons 019.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 391
  • parsons 020.jpg
    parsons 020.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 337
  • parsons 018.jpg
    parsons 018.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 359
  • parsons 017.jpg
    parsons 017.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 330
Here are some of my guys and girls.

Beautiful animals!

Question- in the Melleri community the clutches laid each year are reported and tracked on the Melleri Discovery web site. Is anyone tracking Parsonii clutches? If a female breeds does she produce eggs once every 2 years? If a person were to be hoping to purchase a Parsons cham next year, what should they do? Just wait til they are advertised. Or, contact someone ahead of time and get on a list? Picking up a Parsons from a stranger on Kingsnake just doesn't sound appealing.

Thanks guys! ... I just ruined my keyboard drueling!

I agree Gesang... Not the place to go for an investment like that.. I think that is a great idea about tracking the CB progress. From the research I have done.. they say that it was hard to intially get parsons to breed in captivity and that very few that came over Pre-1994 had survived to produce clutches. Not sure how accurate that info was but It would be nice to track the progress of breeding in captivity so we could focus on making legal specimens more available, threrefore offsetting the demand for illegal importation.

Most of the ones for sale are captive bred in the phillipines. Curtis is a CF member, if you check his gallery he has been working with Parsoni for a while.

Most of the ones for sale are captive bred in the phillipines. Curtis is a CF member, if you check his gallery he has been working with Parsoni for a while.

Oops. Sorry. I just read the rest of this thread. And parts of other threads concerning this species. Thank you for your reply.

It seems that a few people have been recommended that may have CB available now or in the future. It also seems that this can, at times, be quite a controversial topic.

Also, I may not yet be considered qualified enough yet to make the list of potential owners.

Those chameleons are just beautiful. I'm sort in in awe of Parsons, a weird sort of respect thing...I think if I had one I would probably knock on his enlcosure door before disturbing him! haha:p

I know for a fact that there are plenty of legal Parsonii projects that are going on... Thankfully. I am not coming down on anyone... or trying to spark a debate. I am just glad that we have been able to establish a stable population in captivity that are breeding so that we can enjoy these beatifull animals, I think it is a great Idea to keep a close eye to make sure we keep those populations growing.:)

Back
Top Bottom