Paranglets! 3 Month Panthers for $90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Ok, here's the deal. I'm offering up a few of the babies from this clutch to forum members for only $90 plus actual shipping, if you'll agree to post pictures of his development on the forum. :) Parang was a multiple-generation captive whose line originated in Canada (post the wild). He was one of the biggest panthers I've seen in 17 years of keeping and breeding the species, being 18.5 inches long and 270 grams in weight. His bloodline was most likely all from northwestern Madagascar stock, likely Diego Suarez to northern Ambilobe, from the pics I've seen. Because Parang was so friendly and personable, I wanted to breed him but was having trouble finding any red-bar Ambilobe-types when I stumbled across an add for a couple of wc females with no locality data. Talking from those who were familiar with my source and the timing of their purchase, in addition to her color, I believe the dam to this clutch, Soca, was probably from Nosy Be although I really don't know (yet).

The babies all hatched out in just a few days and are now a little over 12 weeks old. They are currently eating 2 week-old/small crickets available at any petstore. This clutch has been very hardy, of the 17 babies that hatched successfully all are thriving. Most of them have green cheeks, and of the ones beginning to show more mature colors, some are getting blue bars with and without red coming in on the belly. I would really like to see how they turn out months and more from now, but I just don't have the room or caging to keep them all. A couple of them have already gotten really good at escaping their baby tubs so it's time for screen cages! I can send pics of a number of these juvies so that you may pic out the exact one you want.

Some pics:

DSCF7909.jpg

DSCF7905b.jpg

The sire, Parang

DSCF6724.jpg

DSC_013220071021.jpg

Soca (see where the baby's blue comes from?):
DSCF6988.jpg

I really don't know for sure but, at this point, I think they will end up looking something like that type of cross locale breeding. For all I know, Soca could have been from another locality, including Ambilobe, but I assume she was from Nosy Be.

Man Kent, I really wish I could get one of these guys from you I am sure they will be awesome! That guy in the first pic looks like a Bad A... You should make like a contract to make sure they post updates because now you have me really interested on how they will look :)

am/ nosey?

i'm real interested in one of those chams. do you still have any males and how much would shipping be to MA:

Whoops, sorry, forgot about these posts. Sure, baby panthers are sexable at hatching, but due to not knowing for sure what Soca was, I am holding on to all the females, at least for now.

As for shipping, it would be $50 through UPS or $30 through Expressmail. UPS has delivery guaranteed by 10:30am but Expressmail can be between noon to 3pm, in my experience. Having said that, I've had more bad experiences/mistakes with UPS than the no mistakes with Expressmail.

if you do sell any of the females would you pm me to let me know ? and do you do local pick up or do you just ship ?

Sold-out at this price. Thanks for the response everyone!

VerteX: Iris sure does look similar. He's smoking hot, too! Nice photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom