Panther Cham Local

Raphael1047

Established Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what local my panther chams are I am petty sure they are both ambilobe, but I am not 100% sure. I would really appreciate it.:D thank you.

The female I don't no but the male looks like a difficult one to me, I can see ambilobe but and it might be just me but is it a cross? I think I see abit of mitsio in him with the green and red eyes, I'm probly wrong

I'm not sure how to tell females apart really, but I have seen quite a few pictures of locales. Seems to be a red barred Ambilobe male, not 100% sure but that's my 2 cents. :cool:

100% impossible to tell!!! I the male has some cross in him, it could be so tiny that you may not notice. As chamaleonkev pointed out, he does look to have a strong Ambilobe background, but I also see some Mitsio in there too. The female, well, she looks like any female from any locale. This is one of them cases that highlights how important it is to trust your breeders information, and if you have doubts, but from someone you can trust.

The male looks like an ambilobe to me, but I'm not a big expert ;) you cannot tell what local a female panther is, because they all look pretty much the same.

Ambilobe

Hi your male looks like it could have some sambava in him if it's the male in your avatar! So I say Ambilobe/Sambava.

Thanks for replying, the guy I bought him from said he was not sure what he was. Now I am sure he is ambilobe and maybe a cross of some kind.For the female I am all most certain she is a ambilobe.

Females you cannot tell by looking at them as they all look pretty similar regardless of locale. The male looks like he could be all ambilobe but you never know. Do you have more pictures of him?

If the breeder said he didn't know what locale the female is, you will never know.

Here are more pictures of him. Also I got him from craiglist not from a breeder, but he is in great condition.:D

How old is he? He does look like he might be a cross to me. I would contact the guy you got him from and see where he originally got them from. Maybe the original breeder can help you figure it out.

He is a great looking guy and almost certainly Ambilobe, however, I do see Mitsio traits in him too, such as the white lips, Emerald green colouration, red eye turrets. If your planning on breeding, being "almost certain" doesnt cut it if you advertise them as Ambilobe. If you breed, do yourself and everyone a huge favour and tell them its possibly a cross just in case they decide to breed too. We dont want to end up having an Ambilobe debate like the great Faly debate! :D

I am planing on breeding him. I will make sure that i note in ads that he is possibly a cross. I did contact the guy I got him from. No reply yet, but i know he will.

He is a great looking guy and almost certainly Ambilobe, however, I do see Mitsio traits in him too, such as the white lips, Emerald green colouration, red eye turrets. If your planning on breeding, being "almost certain" doesnt cut it if you advertise them as Ambilobe. If you breed, do yourself and everyone a huge favour and tell them its possibly a cross just in case they decide to breed too. We dont want to end up having an Ambilobe debate like the great Faly debate! :D

Glad you agree on the mitsio thing, it isn't just me who thinks it then and as for females I disagree with the people who say there are no differences between females, if you compare the female to a male of the same local and then other locals to you can see a slight difference in patterns and colour shades but with out a couple of females to compare to it is quite hard

Glad you agree on the mitsio thing, it isn't just me who thinks it then and as for females I disagree with the people who say there are no differences between females, if you compare the female to a male of the same local and then other locals to you can see a slight difference in patterns and colour shades but with out a couple of females to compare to it is quite hard

Of course there are differences, the problem is as you have said mate, unless you have other females of the same locale to compare to, it can be extremely difficult, if not impossible to tell.

Back
Top Bottom