Panther cage???????

Chameleonaire117

What is a good size cage for a full grown panther. I working on buying everything I need so i want to get the right one. the books ive read are no help.

the bigger the better seems to be the consensus. i would just try to build the biggest cage you can thats within your budget.

thats actully the size i was thinking about but what ive read they could even live in a cage 24x12x12 but i dont know about that. and i like that cage size (48x24x24) i was just trying to maybe use something a little smaller.

my baby veiled chameleon (3.5 months old) lives in 24X24X12 cage..
and already need to be transferred to bigger cage within a month.
Panther might be able to live in smaller cage.. but i always opt for the biigger the better.

I just moved my male panther into a 24"x24"x48" from a 16"x16"x30" (which seemed way too small for him). He really seems to enjoy the extra space, tho I have yet to get a good temp gradient throughout the cage. While a 24"x24"x48" may seem monsterous in your home, it's worth the extra space for the happiness of your cham.
If you are building one, you may be able to adjust the dimensions a bit, but keep in mind that chams like to move around during the day, so there should be enough space for some traveling.
Enjoy your cham when you get him ;)
~C

Back
Top Bottom