Overweight Leopard Gecko

Chameleon Loco

My female 3 year old leopard gecko is kind of overweight what can i do to get her to lose weight? I would feed her crickets but she refuses them, right now she is eat giant mealworms and wax worms as treats

How often do you feed mealworms and waxworms? Could you replace some mealworms with superworms? Do you offer phoenix worms or horn worms?

I feed mealworms as a main diet

and waxworms as treats i have tried to get her to eat supers but she is not interested in them and yes i offer phoenix worms and hornworms and she eats them but i only get those 2 when i go to shows as my local reptile store charges crazy prices for them

and waxworms as treats i have tried to get her to eat supers but she is nor interested and yes i offer phoenix worms and hornworms and she eats them but i only get those 2 when i go to shows as they local reptile store charges crazy prices for them
How do you know she is fat? Do you feed her roaches?

Her tail is much larger than the ones i have seen on other geckos

here are a few pics and i am not allowed to keep roaches in my home because my mom thinks they will escape and breed like crazy even though I told her that is not possible

Attachments

• DSCN1121.jpg
    DSCN1121.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,732
  • DSCN1122.jpg
    DSCN1122.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 935
She does not look overweight to me.

Regardless you should try to get roaches, even if you have to sneak them in. Variety is always nice.

Yee i just got a few dubias

I finally convinced my mom and dad to let me breed them. Do you have any tips and also can I feed them cricket crack?

Don't see why they wouldn't eat cricket crack. If you want to just breed them and not feed them off, load 'em up with protein. There are some good threads on dubia food if you do a quick search. Glad you could get roachies!

She really isn't overweight at all. Her tail isn't that fat surprisingly. But I do recommend trying to wean her off of mealworms and waxworms as they should not be the staple of they're diet. Crickets or Roaches should be. You want a diverse diet just like you do for your cham!

She is a little big in the body but not to bad..

Superworms are more fatty than meal worms
STOP with the wax worms they are very fatty.
but as long as she is active your fine.

and
mealworms are a great staple food

Back
Top Bottom