outside cages

SULEMA2221

im looking to set up some cages outside for my veiled chameleons does any body have any nice outside setups i can see with good shad and misting set up... thanks

I have snow right now but I use LLL's cheap mesh cages with Arizona misters above them. Works great.

whats the best way to keep ants out im in florida so sunny most of the year but i have ants when i feed worms like superworms ...

I'm a huge fan of out side sun cages. I'm of the opinion it is the best way to expose your chameleons to UV rays. For me you cannot go to big with suncages as well. If you are worried about ants, if you have got a stand, put each stands legs in a bucket of water.

The main concern is as being outside the chameleons can be tempted to escape and nose rubbing and screen climbing can be a problem. You may want to look for plastic covered screen to build your sun cage with.

Here is my outdoor/summer setup. Made of PVC pipes, zip-ties, garden/bird proof netting. Added a 2x4 to the top with two misting nozzles. I can also hang plants down from the 2x4. The misting nozzles are hooked up with a line that runs to my inside/winter cage in the garage. When I move my cham outside, I just switch valves in my reservoir to revert the water to outside. Works, great all spring and summer. Also added a shade cloth on one side to block the sun at high noon.

314view.jpg

Inside.jpg

Fullcage.jpg

Last edited:
I should also note that I took out that big plant and replaced it with a ficus. Turned out that the plant was a little toxic for the cham.

Last edited:
thanks for all your help you guys are the best by the way i gave 60 eggs incubating so u guys on this form will be the first ones to know when they hatch and are available

Back
Top Bottom