Orange Cricket Blocks flukers

Higgins

The local pet store has those orange cricket blocks w.food and water as a source. It says it uses soya protein? Is soya just a typo for soy? Isn't soy bad for reptiles?

The local pet store has those orange cricket blocks w.food and water as a source. It says it uses soya protein? Is soya just a typo for soy? Isn't soy bad for reptiles?

dude, the whole product is useless. :D stick to fruits and vegetables. have anything around the house? apples, oranges, carrots? all good to use, and try to mix it up as much as possible. romaine and iceberg lettuce is useless fyi (it's all water). i don't know if you buy things like this, but collard greens and mustard greens are pretty good to use. i've also read about cactus pads being really good, and if you're getting good weather (don't know where you're located haha) you may have dandelion leaves; if you've got 'em, use 'em! :D make sure they haven't been sprayed with any chemicals first, then rinse in cool water. i've also read that papaya is really good to use. there's a few lists of safe veggies and fruits; this is a good one to start with http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html. as for the soy, can't comment; i don't recall reading anything about it, but i'm sure someone will comment on it. :D

I believe i can get some at the grocery store. Thanks for the list... can i use the blocks for just keeping the crickets alive then use the greens for the group that I will be feeding that day?

i have those orange cubes and im not a big fan, neither r the crickets. plus they STINK!!

I believe i can get some at the grocery store. Thanks for the list... can i use the blocks for just keeping the crickets alive then use the greens for the group that I will be feeding that day?

i suppose so; it'll keep them alive, it just won't do anything beneficial for your cham. and i wouldn't bother buying any more; you're gonna need the money for fruits and veggies. :D in case you didn't know, the crickets need a good 24-48 hrs. to digest before it's actually worth feeding them to your cham; if you vary up your gutload daily with different fruits and veggies that are acceptable to use, it won't matter when you fed your crickets, because you know everything you've used is beneficial for your cham, and you've been using it on a regular basis. so feed out greens at all times; the crickets will live just fine if not better than if they were solely on cubes (and your cham will live better too :D). use up whatever you have left if you like (wouldn't hurt to add a few greens) and then stick with the good stuff when your finished.

Back
Top Bottom