One of my boys Ocelot...

mudshark1971

11452_206400173569_668943569_3040095_7679816_n.jpg

11452_206400243569_668943569_3040100_5659940_n.jpg

11452_206400248569_668943569_3040101_6599586_n.jpg

11452_206400228569_668943569_3040099_1381008_n.jpg

He Smiles a lot... I have to upload more pix of him. I have some great smiling poses where he even throws up a peace sign! J/K:p

im sorry to say but this chameleon (due to the bubles in his mouth) has an Upper respitory infection....and he needs to see a vet ASAP. foaming or bubles is not good.but other then that hes beautiful. he also looks rather frail...and the 2nd pic looks like he has mucus coming out of his nostril. Does he have these bubles all the time?reason why i was so strait up is because of this photo wich is indeed a cham with a URI...the last picture and this are very similar IMG_6452.jpg ...both bubles on back edges of jaw

he doesnt seem to ever be or act sick. I dont understand saying hes frail he is so fat, and eats about 5 crickets and 5 huge superworms a day. I noticed the more worms he eats the more slimy his mouth gets. I had him on just worms for a while and when I noticed I switched back to crickets being the main staple and he hardley never has any problems. Never discharge from his nose his passage is always clear and he seems to breathe quite fine. You sure made a quick diagnosis with 4 photos.

by the way the second pick that white stuff was guts I was cleaning from his mouth in the shower, I missed cleaning his mouth before the picture,

well i was quick to judge because of the bubles ....that photo of him and the one i posted wich is one confermed with a uri....are very similar....he may have it he may not...but the last photograph looks very much like it. but anyways hes very beautiful.

Have you has him checked for parasites lately? They can make them eat and not put on weight. His legs look very thin. I agree that a vet visit might be in order. Once these guys get sick they go down fast and I'm sure you don't want anything to happen to this grogeous cham.

He's still young so maybe he just hasn't had time to fill-out yet but it never hurts to get a vet check up and a fecal. He's a very handsome guy!

I am sorry for your loss of Chaos. It's always so sad to loss a pet.

Ocelot has very nice coloring, but I must agree he looks thin. In the first pic, you can see how sharp the back of his crest. He doesnt have an "Neck fat/squish". How much does he eat daily?

well i was quick to judge because of the bubles ....that photo of him and the one i posted wich is one confermed with a uri....are very similar....he may have it he may not...but the last photograph looks very much like it. but anyways hes very beautiful.

I think he will be going to the Vet. You Got me a little paranoid. He got all that saliva in his mouth after I started feeding him superworms, and would get like brown crust around his mouth. I stopped feeding him a lot of worms and started feeding him crickets again, but I still clean around his mouth everyday. He always has alot of that saliva in his mouth now and I thought it might just be because of his age. So I will have him checked again for parasites and the URI just because I dont want to lose my best friend and hes gonna be my first breeder. So I really dont want to lose him!

Ocelot has very nice coloring, but I must agree he looks thin. In the first pic, you can see how sharp the back of his crest. He doesnt have an "Neck fat/squish". How much does he eat daily?

He was stretched out in those pictures and has neck fat. He basically eats about 6 large crickets and 3 very huge superworms a day. Plus drinks a lot of water. I have actually been told by all the petshops when I bring him in that he is very big for his age. Reptile kingdom where I bought him asked to buy him back so thay can bring him back down to california to breed him. So even Dave at Reptile Kingdom who knows everything about every reptile says he looks very healthy and huge. The only reason im taking him to the vet is because of the bubbles in his mouth.

I wouldnt feed so many superworms, they're really fatty and can be hard to digest (causing impaction.)

I know? There is still the risk of impaction when feeding them as a regular staple food. When not used so often there isn't really so much risk.

I know? There is still the risk of impaction when feeding them as a regular staple food. When not used so often there isn't really so much risk.
Could you please show me some instances when chameleons became impacted from eating super worms.Where was this information obtained?

I was going through threads and I believe summoner12 said it. He knows more than I, so I trusted it. Is that wrong?

Back
Top Bottom