Oh no! Cham stuck in shipping!

Panthergirl11

My new female chameleon from Reptoman shipped via FedEx today. And the worse thing happened! She got stuck at their Memphis hub! There was a delay and she didn't leave there till 3:30pm! Shes on her way here but wont get here till the morning! I'm hoping they took care of her and didn't leave her in the heat! This sucks!

I hope she arrives healthy and not too stressed. Sadly this is why a lot of people hate shipping. Are there cooling packs in there as I've heard a lot of people use?

She left at 8pm CST last night from here so cold packs would be useless as of now. She is at least in air conditioned space overnight. Hoping for the best. First time for everything unfortunately :(

She'll be fine. I have had 2 Chams stuck in Memphis ( it seems to be the FedEx black hole). They both arrived just fine the following day!

Good news! The lady from FedEx called and assured me that they will keep her inside in the ac overnight. She even opened the box and told me she looked fine! yay! She should be here in the morning.

Glad you heard about your little girl. I know if it was me i'd be up all night stressing, not even able to do anything to distract me from it! At least you got some peace of mind. :)

I am amazed at a fed ex person opening a box like that, even more amazed that fed ex would allow it. This time it was good but it makes you wonder.

I think there is something that you agree to when shipping perishables or live items that allows them to open it if they feel it is necessary.

Did you ask the Fed Ex lady to open the box? If not, I find that inappropriate.

Hopefully you have her now and everything is okay.

Back
Top Bottom