Offering Fresh Veg

Amanda1801

How do you guys offer fresh veg to your chams?

I'm trying to work out the best way to introduce it to Colin, bearing in mind that until last month, he had never seen a real leaf before!

Suggestions gratefully received :D

i havent been able to get my little guy to eat any veggies yet but i was able to get him to eat some kiwi. i cut a small piece and kinda rubbed it on his mouth so he could smell or taste it then i just held it there for a long time he finally grabbed it, and then wanted more. funny thing is he dosent shoot it he just grabbs it outta my hand. So far thats all hewould try but he did eat about 2 mouth fullls. ( his mouth lol )

Hoj..the kiwi wouldn't stick to its tongue if it tried to shoot its tongue at the kiwi. They learn quickly to just approach it and eat it like other lizards do (which is why its usually not hard to train one to eat insects that way too when it loses its tongue.)

You can impale some fruits and veggies on a branch in the cage or you can chop/cut the fruit and veggies up and put them into a container in the cage. For greens, they can be impaled on a branch too.

Hoj..the kiwi wouldn't stick to its tongue if it tried to shoot its tongue at the kiwi. They learn quickly to just approach it and eat it like other lizards do (which is why its usually not hard to train one to eat insects that way too when it loses its tongue.)

You can impale some fruits and veggies on a branch in the cage or you can chop/cut the fruit and veggies up and put them into a container in the cage. For greens, they can be impaled on a branch too.

So just kinda...shove some in and he'll rip bits off of the leaves and stuff?

If the leaf is put in whole, I usually remove any thick stems and impale the leaf on a twig that is attached to a branch.

Back
Top Bottom