Odd egg

DNA

Yesterday. an odd thing happened to me. One female chameleon who is gravid laid one egg on the bottom. just only one egg was laid. Why can she deposited one egg? I have provided deposition area to her. I wonder why she laid the egg outside of the area?
Thanks

They do that, she will be laying soon. The best thing is a potted plant they like depositing in the root system. My Mafana laid eggs tonight and my Oorana laid last week. It's easy to remove the eggs when they use a potted plant just pull the plant out of the pot and you will see the eggs all in a bunch. Just take it easy the eggs are pretty durable at this stage.

It's normal...........

It is pretty normal, like Dean said, for an egg or two to "spit" out involuntarily towards the end. She should start digging soon. Just recover those eggs quickly before they dry out. And congrats Dean on your egg laying achievements during the last week. I can imagine you will almost be holding your breath until those Oorana Mena eggs hatch out. That will be cause for a real celebration :)

Do you have the experience that female laid one egg first, and next day she laid the others eggs?

Eggs.........

Yes, I've had that happen. I think it's a pressure situation where they are so close to laying and the eggs are in a position to come out and the slightest pressure may make them spit out. Or when the female is going doo doo near the end one can come out with the process. I had this happen about a month ago with a Diego Suarez female. She spit some out in the cage and then she dug a nest. Just keep watching her. If any more come out you want to collect them right away. I have had two females in the last two years that refused to dig under any circumstance. They hung on to a couple of plant branches and spit all twenty-some eggs out from above with no hesitation. I was fortunate to see this and collect them all right away. After spitting them out like that they just went about their business like nothing had ever happened. It was pretty bizarre. But I guess it's better than being egg bound :)

My veiled April laid one egg on the floor o her enclosure and then it was just hours away she was digging and laid 40 some nice looking eggs just a few weeks ago...

This is her second clutch, the first one was small in number and size and she didn't even try to dig a nest they soon went bad, I guess she knew they were infertile.This clutch is large in number and size and she dug a nest this time pretty remarkable .

She mated on December 8th. It has been 18 days since she was first gravid.
yesterday, she didn't lay eggs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom