NOT very lady like!!!

Kazza

Looks like female chameleons have no manners at all lol..............

nags146.jpg

sorry - pic taken through glass just after misting :p

I think my worst expereince with feeders was with a horn worm. It was hot, had my shirt off, fed a big juicy horn worm to my veiled and was promptly sqirted across my chest with is guts. I felt dirty on many different levels.

-roo

I think my worst expereince with feeders was with a horn worm. It was hot, had my shirt off, fed a big juicy horn worm to my veiled and was promptly sqirted across my chest with is guts. I felt dirty on many different levels.

-roo

I have had a similar experience with mine only it shoot all over my arm.

-roo

how BOOT right in the eye,

ADVICE: Stand at a safe distance when feeding hornworms!

Ooh, i bet that hurt!

Not sure if horn worms are available here in the UK? I haven't seen them on any of the feeder lists i use.

They sound pretty juicy though! :eek:

They are pests in america but are aloud to be used as feeder insects.

^'Tis why i let them go on the same branch as my cham so i don't have to be anywhere around them when they spray nastyness all over me.

They are pests in America ....

Well, I can't let this pass without sticking up for my scaly (adult), squirmy(caterpillar) friends. Manduca sexta and M. quinquefolia are the two main hornworms that we - uh, you -use as feeders. They are native to N. America and can seem like pests in agriculture where there are single family crops grown (e.g. tomato, tobacco, potato and others in the Solanaceae family which is what they feed on). However...the large night flying adult moth is a serious pollinator and we would be sorely lacking if they were not around.

I do a presentation on Backyard Pollinator Conservation and include the hornworms. Attendees are initially appalled until they see how handsome these moths are and the important role they play in our lives.

OK, off my soapbox, just had to remind folks that caterpillars are not always caterpillars ;)

lele and her Lep(idoptera)s
image031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom