Not new, but i dont think i ever introduced myself

drcrossfire

Avid Member
Dear Forum Members who are all awesome:

I have been on here for quite some time... first as a "lurker" and then as an active part of the community. Or at least I try to be helpful when I can!

I am from out of Woodstock, IL-- and have always had a fascination with Chameleons. About a year and a half ago, i ran into a great deal on some females and thought "well, if i'm going to breed, i may as well buy some young females now, and work on a male later"

That purchase brought me Sassy, Athena, and (RIP) Shorty. I got them at 3 months old, and than 3 months later bought a 3 month old at an expo named (RIP) Nigel. Shorty died of a torn uterus in her first clutch (she was over a year old and heavy), and Nigel passed away due to liver failure as a side effect to a medication. Both one in a million chances, and both under one roof :(

I got another female from Chams1 (named bertha, she is awesome) and one from Screameleons (named Screamy)

But with many awesome females, i had to move on... they all have amazing bloodlines~! and a couple months later purchased Thor (Bonzai Baby) my prize :) . Then, with the addiction flairing yet again, i purchased another male Skittle and Wolfie! They all have pictures up and about here somewhere (i think) so i wont fill this up with too many....

I also have aquired a male carpet chameleon... named astroturf.

So with this breeding project up and running, you'd think i'd have lots of eggs by now, right? WRONG. Our original females got infected by coccidia, so cant have them introduced to the males who are clean till they were cured. But now-- after some ponazuril... some time, patience, and the loss of a lot of hair. I should be getting the breeding project started asap! YAY.

To make it work i'm breeding dubia roaches and hissing roaches. As well as this, i made a frozen gutload to make my life easier (I call it bug booster and share it when asked nicely)-- I use both Aquazamp and Mistking.

So if anyone has any questions, comments, concerns--- i've delt with a lot. Seen a lot, and most of all, read a lot of these forums. So, yeah. Thats my story... hope to get baby pictures in 8-12 months :)

Cheers everyone-- i love these forums and you people make it. I've worked with crested geckos and their forums before, and they are no where near as inviting. You all rock!!! :D

Regards,
Dan

Nope...not too long!
hey Dan, i cant believe I had to make my own mush tonight :mad:
I WANT MY BUG BOOSTER!! I am sorry it was too hot traveling!

cant wait for you to tell me you have eggs!!

one of these days I just might post an "about me"!
Hey!, you are at the 1 year mark here!!

Nope...not too long!
hey Dan, i cant believe I had to make my own mush tonight :mad:
I WANT MY BUG BOOSTER!! I am sorry it was too hot traveling!

cant wait for you to tell me you have eggs!!

one of these days I just might post an "about me"!
Hey!, you are at the 1 year mark here!!

Im gonna figure out a good way to send it to you! i feel bad that it didnt make it :(

i'll have to celebrate my one year Chamforums memebership somehow! and fertile eggs will be a greater celebration yet!

Hi! I just want to wish you all the best with your breeding project:) I too share the same "addiction" and "passion" and was also a "lurker/stalker on here for quite sometime before joining :D and have read so much about chameleons I at times fear a possible brain aneurism! :eek: It is great to have this forum with members like yourself to share our interests with! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a bunch of "wee ones" and look forward to seeing yours!:) All the best!

Back
Top Bottom