new pygmies coming this weekend

kearth

I currently have a small group of pygmies( brevs) at home.

I am picking up a larger group this weekend. I know you are only suppose to put one male per tank. My question is how large of a tank would you need if you had more than one male? Or is it even possible?

I am far from a pygmy expert, but have had a few. I would think if you had something like a 55 gal or larger aquarium that you could house 2 males. But you would need to be sure there was lots of cover so the didn't really see each other. jmo

I am far from a pygmy expert, but have had a few. I would think if you had something like a 55 gal or larger aquarium that you could house 2 males. But you would need to be sure there was lots of cover so the didn't really see each other. jmo

Thank you Laurie.

I plan on making it very well planted with tons of driftwood, branches, etc. I am still not sure on what size the ending result tank will be. More than likely it will be a home built one. I should have plenty of time to get it done. They will be hanging out in 2's in 10 gals till I make sure every one is eating and doing well :)

Thank you Laurie.

I plan on making it very well planted with tons of driftwood, branches, etc. I am still not sure on what size the ending result tank will be. More than likely it will be a home built one. I should have plenty of time to get it done. They will be hanging out in 2's in 10 gals till I make sure every one is eating and doing well :)

Good idea I would keep them separated for a bit like a quarantine

Mine are fine in a 45 (or maybe it was 55?) gallon viv. There is obvious dominance, but they don't fight or anything. It might have helped that the second male was introduced when he was a juvi

Back
Top Bottom