New Population of Furcifer belalandaensis

I think I remember reading somewhere that it may be thought that this is actually a hybrid species which may be the reason it is so rare and only found in a few villages. Between Verrucosus and Antimena but Im probably wrong on the species mix, just a guess from my memory:) Im sure Chris will chime in and fill us all in soon:D

I think I remember reading somewhere that it may be thought that this is actually a hybrid species which may be the reason it is so rare and only found in a few villages. Between Verrucosus and Antimena but Im probably wrong on the species mix, just a guess from my memory:) Im sure Chris will chime in and fill us all in soon:D

From the material I have read its Furcifer belalandaensis's closest relation is to Furcifer pardalis. Glawes and Vences if I recall accurately has paired F. belalandaensis's with F. pardalis as well as one other less reliable book.

Last edited:
panthers dont come from the south tho

Species relations are based on taxonomic (anatomy) similarities or differences and not based on geographic occurrences. Meaning the two species had a common ancestor that diverged geographically at one point. Then the species evolved in separate isolation to become the two species that they are today.

Back
Top Bottom