New owner questions/recommendations

Grave dig

Wow dude. get a jackson. I have a panther, but wanted a jackson to start with.

Chameleons are not the hold and play with type of animal. Any species can show aggression it just depends on the individual cham. If you want something you can hold alot go with a bearded dragon they are super loving.

Noooo my brother has a beardie and its boring, he just eats and craps. My cousin has a veiled cham and he handles him 1 or 2 times a day when he can and he LOVES it. Hes color stays green and hes really friendly. I want a chameleon but im stuck between a jacksons and a veiled, which is friendlier?

There is no one species that is friendlier. It's like a dog or a cat, some are nicer than others. Chameleons are not that social of creatures, but there are many members including myself (I have a panther) who are able to handle their chameleons without hissing, biting, puffing etc. Some of it has to do with your interaction with your chameleon and the other part of it is really luck of the draw as far as I am concerned. There are members on here who have multiple chameleons and treat and care for them the same, and one will be tolerable of handling and the other will not.

Noooo my brother has a beardie and its boring, he just eats and craps. My cousin has a veiled cham and he handles him 1 or 2 times a day when he can and he LOVES it. Hes color stays green and hes really friendly. I want a chameleon but im stuck between a jacksons and a veiled, which is friendlier?

even if your friends cham was friendly, holding the cham for that many times, can cause stress to the cham....chams really are a "look dont touch animal" you are lucky enough to even find a friendly cham to even "tolerate" handling.....really think about what you are getting into.....and if you dont know the differnce between a jacksons and veield behavior, husbandry and so on...then i suggest to start researching before asking questions about which to get.....JMHO

;)
Thanks guys

listen...we are not trying to be mean:eek:

if you really do your research you will find out the answer your self...and if something you dont understand then post your questions we will be happily to answer them

but i did answer "jackson":)

whe nyou do your research maybe you will agree;)

Its true every species can be mean but I have heard a lot of stories of grumpy veileds :/ maybe it's just because they are more common.

Back
Top Bottom