- Cage Type - Apogee Reptarium 175 Gallon
- Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 18". 2 17 Watt Plant Grow Lights. 1 50 Wattt Basking Bulb. Basking bulb and reptisun stay on for 12-13 hours. Plant lights only for 6-7.
- Temperature - Temp at the top of the cage is around 85-87 during the day. Basking spot is about 90. Lower of the cage is around 79-81 during the day. At night it all drops about 8-10 degrees. I run the Air Conditioner during the day because temps rise to above 90-95 in this room. With the AC on it keeps the temp right around 85.
- Humidity - Humidity during the day drops to around 45 in the upper cage until i mist it, then rises to about 50-55. In the lower part of the cage during the day its 50-55. At night it all rises to about 65-70 percent. (I live in hawaii) I have lots of natural plants in the cage and have been manually misting about 5 times per day.
- Plants - Plants include Pothos, Spanish Moss, Dwarf Bamboo, Schefflera arboricola.
- Location - Located in my second bedroom which is my office. Very low traffic area. I have a small AC unit running during the day to keep temps at around 85 degress. The AC is on the other side of the room. And I have one fan on the other side of the room which does not blow right into the cage.
- Your Chameleon - Jacksons, Male, estimated 2-3 years.
- Feeding - Silkworms, medium crickets. Trying to feed at much as I can but he isnt eating. Gut loading crix with cricket feed and kale so far. Have tried to feed him at 7am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 5pm, 7pm.
- Supplements - Dusting with Rep Cal. Have only done it once so far.
- Watering - Right now a manual mister about 5 times per day and I heavily mist the whole reptarium. He has drinken about 3 times.
- Fecal Description - I have not noticed any fecal matter yet.
- History - Just purchased him from the pet store. They said he was captive bred and about 2-3 years old. This is my first chameleon.
- Current Problem - Hello! Got my first male jacksons on Sunday and to my knowledge he hasn't eaten a thing since we got him. Captive bred, they estimated 2-3 years old. I have tried to hand feed him silk worms, place the silk worms on near by branches, left the silk worms in a bowl near where he has been camping out. Have also put 6-7 medium size crickets in and from what I can tell he hasn't touched them. The cage setup has many plants and the crickets just kind of disappear or go to the bottom. He isn't moving around much at all, seems to stay in just one central spot. So I dont think he would even find or see the crix. Has not gone to the basking spot or the drinking spot, but did drink water when I manually mist him.
Any suggestions? I know he is new and may not eat much...but going on 3 days here. Not good. Thanks for any assistance!