New Friend and an update on Sheila

vindicatedornot

DSC_0017.jpg

Meet Puka :)

I am actually afraid of birds lol. But have been trying to get over a bunch of crap lately and was like ehhh, lets do it.

When i was a kid i had the sweetest cockatiel named Fresca. He new so many songs and was hardly ever in his cage. He was always on the couch with us or trying to steal food from our plates. He would sit on the shower rod and sing in the shower. Anyhoo... this bird flew away because my idiot parents left the garage door open and his cage open at the same time. When they came home and went to park in the garage, fresca dissapeared for good :(

After that we bought replacement cockatiels.

DEVIL BIRDS. I have scars from these birds.

Ever since I've been terrified of birds and have been feeling dumb working at a petshop and being afraid to pick up the african greys or the blue and gold macaws.

I figured I'd take baby steps and get a new cockatiel. My boss has been handfeeding this clutch since they were only a few days hatched. He is the sweetest bird you could ever find. I'm much more trusting with him now, as he is also to me. Today I was able to hold the grey without quivering. Can you say Progress?!

DSC_0018-1.jpg

So, me being stupid 'ole me.. I ended up with this HUGE cage (a gift from my papi :D) And had to deck it out for my new buddy. He's in bird heaven.

Also my viv is doing really well. I caught about 50 isopods and threw 'em in there. Also there are a few snails. No idea what kind but they're cute sluggin' around.
DSC_0010.jpg

Sheila has been getting more and more used to her viv and is really started to have fun. I can hear her bouncing around and climbing her branches and plants. The Shefflera took root already and is very sturdy. The brom and the snake plant need more time I guess, they still wiggle a little bit. I keep checking for eggs (just in case) but havn't found anything.

DSC_0008.jpg

She finally went into her cave on the floor as well. She has spent a lot of time off the ground which is normal but its cool to see her exploring. I think she had to shed so she crawled in there. In the morning I found her sleeping with her head just out the door. With the light on she quickly snuggled back in to nap the day away.

She is 27 grams now. When I got her she was 20 grams and being ganged on by 3 males. Poor thing. She is looking more and more awesome every day.

sheila.jpg

quota.jpg

sheila3.jpg

sheila5.jpg

crests.jpg

sheila2.jpg

sticky.jpg

Ok ok, i'll stop being that guy who posted a million out of focus pics of his veiled. Thanks for looking!

-Andrea

Is Sheila's tongue actually transparent?!? - looks like you can see her eye through it. Love the shot of her on the computer screen.

I used to have a cockateil named oreo :) awesomest bird ever.. but i sold him when i moved to colorado :( Well cool pets

Yeah, their need little birdies. My Puka is such a sweetheart.

Also.. I think I have a problem.

new.jpg

Check out that creamy back!

new3.jpg

she's has pretty crests. They make her look like she has highlights.

new4.jpg

about the same as my other female.

new5.jpg

Hello Buddy!

new6.jpg

And this is her quarentine container.

Now these two lovely ladies will eventually be with this beautiful male I bought

100_2683.jpg

someone stop me XD

Back
Top Bottom