New female..suspected issues..

sdheli420

Avid Member
Ok so i found a female ambilobe (blue bar, was purchased from a guy , that supposedly got her from screameleons) well shes over a year old, and i suspect slight mbd..shes also huge with eggs..i have her in a digging bucket as i type, and shes circling it, not trying to climb out so i think she may dig..i may schedge for a vet in a few days if she doesent lay..i will post pics soon of my new addition "tilly":D

heres pics from the posting..real small tho...

Attachments

• 5V05U55P33m43p13l6bbl1325a30542881f9b.jpg
    5V05U55P33m43p13l6bbl1325a30542881f9b.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 123
  • 5X55S45R33n43kf3pfbblea196da81f631306.jpg
    5X55S45R33n43kf3pfbblea196da81f631306.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 81
im sooo on edge i want her settled in, and comfy so i can feed her calciun up the wazoo and get her fully hydraited..i totally forgot the nervous shakes you get when you get a new cham!!:eek::D

try starting a hole for her- that worked for my Lily.

I actually do that everytime now..its actually better in my mind than just flat dirt..she circled and circled, and its getting dark so i put her on her lil free range for now, shes lovin it, immediatley went to bask..the other chams in the room actually dont mind her at all, im really happy about that..im going to keep an eye on them like a hawk, see if i can read anything they are saying to eachother

p.s. i noticed shes a sweetheart like my other chams..i found a nice one!!:D

I actually do that everytime now..its actually better in my mind than just flat dirt..she circled and circled, and its getting dark so i put her on her lil free range for now, shes lovin it, immediatley went to bask..the other chams in the room actually dont mind her at all, im really happy about that..im going to keep an eye on them like a hawk, see if i can read anything they are saying to eachother

p.s. i noticed shes a sweetheart like my other chams..i found a nice one!!:D

I a glad you got a nice one since you were nice and saved her from Craigs list:D:)

Females tend to like laying at night, you may want to just leave her there. If she's still awake now, that is. Mine have always laid in the late evening, and possibly through the night.

Oh and congrats, she's a cutie!

Females tend to like laying at night, you may want to just leave her there. If she's still awake now, that is. Mine have always laid in the late evening, and possibly through the night.

Oh and congrats, she's a cutie!

I kinda thought that..the last batch my other female (marcella) she didnt finish laying untill about 5 mins before her light turned off..imm going to put her back in tomarrow throught the day..(my female has to be put in about two times, first time in she buries the hole i made, second time in she digs for real..kinda weird, but consistant):D..thanks i will do that!!:D

sHES CUTE! Congrats, and so jealous of you.
and she is so fat with eggs.. are they gonna be fertile?

sHES CUTE! Congrats, and so jealous of you.
and she is so fat with eggs.. are they gonna be fertile?

most likley not unless she a magician with saving sperm plugs..its been over a year since she was around a male the guy said..but holy sheesh she big with eggo's:D

Are you going to end up Free ranging her with the other 2 as well?

well its the plan, but we all know how touchy chams are..soo far the females have seen eachother, and no agression, shes content staring at marcella, im just worried she still hasent seen gixxer yet...in the morning they will have a clear view of eachother..marcella knows how to control gixxer, but this new female may not know what the hell to do with him..as of now ive yet to see any anger displayed between marcella and gixxer except for puffing when they both decide to use the same basking point..but then calm back down..almost like the slower they all move the more calm they stay..well im here 24\7 soo i will make vids and keep updating on how well it works to introduce another female to a free range couple..ive done it with huge walkin cages, but none this small ( 7 foot ficus, two basking points, may add third too, and about 5 feet wide of room):D

most likley not unless she a magician with saving sperm plugs..its been over a year since she was around a male the guy said..but holy sheesh she big with eggo's:D

well if he wasnt taking care of her, and it sounds like he wasnt since you think she has slight mbd, i would consider incubatng th egss for a bit, just in case.

Cool man! you're lucky you get to be home all the time to watch them and do things like this. so jealous i cant even explain! make a video for sure of introducing them together. I'm interested as to how it goes.

Cool man! you're lucky you get to be home all the time to watch them and do things like this. so jealous i cant even explain! make a video for sure of introducing them together. I'm interested as to how it goes.

i definatley will i brought marcella over to look at her, they just lurk at echother..no aggression..good start maybe??

@camimom totally, i incubate all eggs untill the two to three week period that you find they are unfertilized..maybe these will stay pearly after a few months..that would be cool...although ied have to find out what male, from what locale, from what breeder bred with her to find the blood line fur sure..

i definatley will i brought marcella over to look at her, they just lurk at echother..no aggression..good start maybe??

@camimom totally, i incubate all eggs untill the two to three week period that you find they are unfertilized..maybe these will stay pearly after a few months..that would be cool...although ied have to find out what male, from what locale, from what breeder bred with her to find the blood line fur sure..

Well if your eggs are fertile, evenif you cant figure out the bloodline, i want one. so put me on the list. :)

Oooph, what a mess that could be lol figuring out bloodlines. Especially if she wasn't being cared for 100%, makes you worry about what else the guy was lazy about. But anyway, hopefully she lays everything for you tomorrow and you can get her on the road to health.

Back
Top Bottom