New Cage

LAD

My dad and I just built a new cage for my veiled chameleon with dimensions of 4' 2' 2'.(pictures will be up soon!) But I was just wondering if I would need a bulb that produces 75watts or 100 watts? And do I need to change my Reptiglo 5.0 UV tube to a 10.0? If anyone out there has the exact dimensions; I would love to see your setup to give me some ideas. Thanks.

As long as your chameleon can get within 12 inches of your bulb...it can be a 5.0(reptisun is best!) The heat bulb wattage depends on your temps...It can vary.

Jake

...4' 2' 2'.(pictures will be up soon!) But I was just wondering if I would need a bulb that produces 75 watts or 100 watts? And do I need to change my Reptiglo 5.0 UV tube to a 10.0? If anyone out there has the exact dimensions; I would love to see your setup to give me some ideas. Thanks.
Howdy,
A 2x2x4 (4 ft high) enclosure is a very common size for an adult Veiled or Panther or any similar sized chameleon. What you are trying to do with your lights is produce the proper temps and UVB levels at the basking site. From there, you are trying to produce a temp/UVB gradient down into the enclosure. That basically means you'll setup the basking location and if your ambient room temp is reasonable then you're done. Whether you use a 75W or 100W basking lamp depends mostly on where you're mounting it to get the basking temps right. You will want to stick with a 5.0 tube (you know me and Reptisun 5.0 tubes:)!) since you'll still be setting his basking area to nearly the same distance as you had it before. UVB = 6" to 12" distance.

Back
Top Bottom