new cage made w/ blood, sweat, and tears

LBonawitz

my pokey-man deserved a new cage. he has been living in an 18x18x24 enclosure since i got him (2 years ago). just since his pseudomonas treatment he's been climbing to the top poking his horns into the mesh, like "hey i'm stuck in here." so i started making him a new cage. it still needs to be tweaked a little, the doors i'm not happy with (i'm a woman, not a carpenter). but i wanted to show the pictures of my hard work :D

**the one on the left is like his old cage**
deleteable.jpg

**this is his new house, its 2feet x 2feet x 3 feet tall (the cage 3 feet tall) the whole thing is 5 feet tall... i'm 5'4. :p
IMG_3192.jpg

hahaha ya i've never really used oil paints before. it took me awhile to get use to how they "flow". it was alot of fun though

I guess the flowers could have been painted with blood, but I don't see the sweat or tears! I'm pretty sure I see some wood and screen there, too, but I could be mistaken!

the doors

Do you plan on adding on to the art? Looks very nice.

i'm actually going to re-do the doors. the wood i used was really thin, like lattice wood, and just smooshed the screen in between , but now i can't put handles or a latch on it without cracking the wood, i barely got the hinges on. so once i get the new doors put together i'll paint them even better (now that i know how oil paint works) :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom