New cage and poor qu. pics (lots of them)

angus310

Here are pics of my New Cage, which I bought from Tyler Stewart, then built a rock like background. I also added some of the plastic fencing that I am giving away for the sides, as you can see in a few pics. 5 different plants, 2 of which were built into the background. Sorry for the load time and horrible quality. I have a little disorder where my hands won't stop moving. I ordered a new camera with a TRIPOD!!!

weddinghalloweennewcage028.jpg

weddinghalloweennewcage027.jpg

weddinghalloweennewcage034.jpg

weddinghalloweennewcage036.jpg

weddinghalloweennewcage029.jpg

some new colors after 4th shed
weddinghalloweennewcage041.jpg

weddinghalloweennewcage042.jpg

weddinghalloweennewcage038.jpg

Last edited:
I love this set up, really nice and the pic are very close pics but not bad at all...thanx for sharing!!! the cham looks mighty healthy by the way!

Thanks. I have never kept a cham before and am trying my hardest to do everything as good as I can. The biggest thing it to make sure he is healthy.

what do you use to attach the screen lids together? would non-toxic silicon be safe? (im thinking about water or poo leaking out the bottom edges)

Angus,
First of all, Elvis looks AMAZING! I cant get over how much my Kelvin is starting to look like him! I guess that is to be expected, since he is Elvis' baby brother!:D Second of all, i really think you did an excellent job on that enclosure. There is tons of good climbing and hiding media and i am sure Elvis will love you for it! Finally, to answer your question regarding the "mystery plant", its a Croton. My mother is a florist and from what she gathers, they are not toxic. I have had several of them in my brev enclosures and have never had any problems. Cheers,

-Cala-

what do you use to attach the screen lids together? would non-toxic silicon be safe? (im thinking about water or poo leaking out the bottom edges)

I don't necessarily know what you mean by attaching the screen lids together. The bottom of the cage is a PVC coated board with holes in it. It drains into the stand where a reservoir is set to collect all of the water.

I did use some silicon around the top to make sure that there was no uncovered "great stuff" on the custom background.

Angus,
First of all, Elvis looks AMAZING! I cant get over how much my Kelvin is starting to look like him! I guess that is to be expected, since he is Elvis' baby brother!:D Second of all, i really think you did an excellent job on that enclosure. There is tons of good climbing and hiding media and i am sure Elvis will love you for it! Finally, to answer your question regarding the "mystery plant", its a Croton. My mother is a florist and from what she gathers, they are not toxic. I have had several of them in my brev enclosures and have never had any problems. Cheers,

-Cala-

Thanks. I appreciate it. It was a lot of work but totally worth it. I am not done yet as I am going to build custom shelves on either side to make it look like one solid piece. I will only have them be 6 inches deep as not to impede the flow of air through the sides.

That is exactly the plant I was talking about. Thanks.

As to the question from another poster earlier, the cage is 43 inches high. If you go back to the forum from Tyler Stewart when he had used cages for sale you could match up the one because I bought it from. I paid 100 for it including shipping (which was almost half the price). The background supplies probably cost me about 45-50 bucks, mostly the cost of 4 bottles of the great stuff. Paint was only a couple bucks. The different black plastic fencing on each side cost 15 bucks and I have tons left if anyone needs any.
I would say all together with the new plants, the total project cost me about 200 (including the side bookshelf like shelves I am building now). Luckily, I already had the stand from an old aquarium, which I just painted and added new hardware.

Your cage looks great, I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it and it definitely payed off. Though I wish I could see that rock wall you built a little bit better:) I hope your Elvis is enjoying it! How did you connect the plastic fencing to the screen?

I hear ya on the back wall. That was my intention but I deleted pics by accident and Elvis doesn't like me touching him so I can't remove the plant in order to take more pics.

Sorry, maybe someday he will get used to me but probably not. I used zip ties to attach the fencing to wood dowels on each end and then used some zip ties to attach the entire fencing to the existing alumnium screen. I then sealed those tiny holes from the ties with some black aquarium silicone, barely noticable if at all.

Back
Top Bottom