New Babies

Ren

Hey just wanted to share and shoe you a pic of my new babies... this is only 1 of 2 aquariums lol..... its been a fun week...
DSC_0194.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks everyone, like i said this is only one little plant, there are 2 of these plants in each 10 gal aquarium and they are loaded with hatchlings, they are so awesome, only one of these little ones that hatched has a eye issue, it seams to be a defect, i will get pics on there they are almost triangular... its weird but thanks for the kind words....

That is awesome, awesome, awesome!
Please post more pictures. How long did it take for them to hatch?

It took 5 days for 52 of 56 to hatch, one egg slit at the wrong end... and he didn't climb out... I didn't notice until he was gone and starting to fuzz up, the others sweat-ed and shriveled and never emerged, 1 egg still looks good however shows no signs of hatching thus far...i let them fully absorb their egg sacks so not to try and rush them... iI hope they all do well i hate to loose any of these little guys and gals..

indeed they do, you cant wait for them to get bigger so you know they will be ok and when they do you wish they were small again......oh well.... there are always others i guess...

Ren, I hope you don't mind, I put your photo on my husbands "desktop" on his computer. We look at it and say to each other- wow, hopefully we'll have that in another month or 2! That photo of yours of the mom sitting on the #1 trophy has even more meaning now.

I think I would want to just watch them all day. Cute doesn't even begin to describe it.

I know .... The first clutch we had hatch was the most amazing thing I have ever seen next to my kids being born, They hatched from eggs as well so was pretty close the same thing...lol but we could hardly leave the containers alone, had to keep checking them and was simply amazed every time we saw something move.... this time around we would look in and see nothing new and be bummed out about it, then the next time I looked there would be like 8 babies walking around in the containers......so far Ive only had 1 male die for unknown reasons, I have a few that wont open there eyes...??? I have uvb on them and no heat source but it is staying around 75 degrees in there with that light...i mist them 4 or 5 times a day and have seen quite a few eating fruit flies... I hope they all make it to be big and strong, otherwise I would feel terrible...

Hi Ren
Some people said that keeping a few babies in a small container is the best.
You looks keeping a lot of babies in a big aquarium. How do you think of this?

Back
Top Bottom