Napoleon vs. his first hornworm

AESara

I realized I haven't really taken video of Napoleon before, so when my first-ever order of hornworms came in this morning, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity! He really over-thinks this hunt, so there's a lot of nothing before the "action". :p

There was one really big worm in the cup with a lot of small-medium ones, so I got that one out first to leave more food for the smaller ones.

Anyway, I thought I'd post for the fun of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z78HJ47x9YI

Attachments

• 100_2765.jpg
    100_2765.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 262
I ordered them from Mulberry Farms, one of the site sponsors. They're located in California. The worms got here 100% alive only two days after ordering, even in this terrible heat. :D

Really thanks good yea I have been looking at that site to order some items. Did you just get the regular USPS shipping? Also did they get shipped far or are u local to Cali? Thanks for ur help my Cham will love getting some knew feeders

I realized I haven't really taken video of Napoleon before, so when my first-ever order of hornworms came in this morning, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity! He really over-thinks this hunt, so there's a lot of nothing before the "action". :p

There was one really big worm in the cup with a lot of small-medium ones, so I got that one out first to leave more food for the smaller ones.

Anyway, I thought I'd post for the fun of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z78HJ47x9YI

Awesome video! Such an intense guy! Do you think he liked the hornworm? My veiled never ate one after the first one she tried. I always wondered if it was just too big for her dainty mug. lol Napoleon has great markings!

I got the default shipping (just didn't change that option). I'm pretty close to you, in northwest Ohio. They got here around 8:30am so I'm guessing you could get yours within two days as well.

Awesome video! Such an intense guy! Do you think he liked the hornworm? My veiled never ate one after the first one she tried. I always wondered if it was just too big for her dainty mug. lol Napoleon has great markings!

I think he liked it. He went after three smaller ones after this. These are his basking colors, he looks even better in normal relaxed colors. Thanks :)

So cute! He trusts his Momma! They like the bugs to wiggle, too. I got Kirby to easily eat 3 silkies from my hand today! Then after chowing on about 6 dusted crickets, he enjoyed an entire large misting bottle - I saw him drinking, too. That always makes me feel better. The secret drinkers make me nervous. I never saw my Jackson drinking and it always stressed me out.

Recently I'm worried he may not be drinking enough. I used to see him drink right from the dripper like a straw, but I haven't seen him do it in a while. I'm trying the hornworms in hopes that he'll get more water from his feeders.

Recently I'm worried he may not be drinking enough. I used to see him drink right from the dripper like a straw, but I haven't seen him do it in a while. I'm trying the hornworms in hopes that he'll get more water from his feeders.

Good option. Some folks have luck giving water in eyedroppers or hamster bottles. I have never had luck with either, however. The garden mister filled with hot water has always been most successful for me. Makes a huge mess and means hand misting every day.... I'd like to get an Aqua Zamp eventually when the school year is back in swing. During the summer I'm home all day so I make sure he's misted (yep, I'm a homebody).

Back
Top Bottom