My R.acuminatus set ups

sgvreptiles

New to these forums. Here are my set ups for my Rhampholeon acuminatus. The tank are made by Protean Terreriums. I really like them and they seem to work well for my group. Currently have 2.1 R.acuminatus
DSCN0167.jpg

One male
DSCN0154.jpg

same male as above
DSCN0162-1.jpg

And my female
DSCN0127-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Your acuminatus looks really good!! the first picture is really beautifull too!!
But how do you keep them?? temps, humidity, ecc?? because i know they need cool temps and lot of humidity.. for what i know they don't need much light too..

Beautiful cage and Rh. acuminatus. They look real good and the setup is very similar to how I keep mine. Can you show me a closer pic of the venting on those cages? I've looked at them online but never seen one in person.

Chris

Hey they look really good & I love the trees you have for them. I would enjoy a pair but my brev's will do fine.

Thanks everyone. Day time high is 75 night time low can be around 58F. I spray them 1-2 times a day with some what warm water. They have 2 lights. 1 4ft 5.0 uvb, and then each one has a ompact floresent(dosnt give out much heat, but just enough for a decent basking spot)the cages are 15in d. and The screen is around 10 inches of screen. Ill get a picture.

A picture of the top for Chris. And the cages meassure 11 1/4 x 12 x 18 (LxDxH).
DSCN0092-2.jpg

A few more pictures of the female I took a few days ago out side in the sun.
DSCN0072-2.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

WOW!! I love your little ones and their cages. Looks like you are doing everything good for them:) I look forward to more pics soon hehehe:p

I got the plants from my local nursery they are called cotteneasters. Hopefully in a month or 2 Ill be able to breed them once they have gained some weight. They are doing really good. I just added some leaf litter into there cage because they kept going down to the floor and getting dirt all over them.
Thanks
Jeff

MY female recently sheded her old brown color off with this!
DSCN0199-2.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg
'
I truly love this species. Who else here is working with Rhampholeons. Id love to see more pictures.

Those look awesome! We have a trio that we really enjoy... The only bad thing is that I have them in such a lush terrarium I can never find any eggs, even though I know they are laying. I try to keep the temps within an acceptable range with the hope that one day I will see some little gonzo babies. Put some houseflies in your terrarium and watch them go bananas!

Here are a few shots

DSC06960.jpg

DSC06964.jpg

DSC06939.jpg

DSC06937.jpg

Awesome action shots! They are probly my favorite species of chameleons I have ownd( not that I have kept many). Who did you aquire yours from?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom