My pit bull

KingJulien

This is my Am Staff, pit bull, furbaby, whatever you want to call him. We call him Mikey. He was adopted at ~2 years old, we have had him for ~5 years. He's a great dog, we couldn't have found a sweeter, more angelic little beast. If anyone is in the market for a dog, I always refer them to www.badrap.org. They're a fantastic rescue organization.

Attachments

• PrettyMikey.jpg
    PrettyMikey.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 446.jpg
    446.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 175
  • lapdog.jpg
    lapdog.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 170
Gorgeous dog! My 70 year old Mom adopted a "pibble" over a year ago. He's really been a perfect fit for her. Their reputation is not deserved! Here's Hank:
w0l6bn.jpg

Bad Rap is doing fantastic work. I second that endorsement.

What cute babies! If I had room for a big dog, I'd be adopting two adorably huge staffy/pits. And I want to foster old/geriatric pits, but my mom says it's too sad for her to handle when they are old like that.

Gorgeous dog! My 70 year old Mom adopted a "pibble" over a year ago. He's really been a perfect fit for her. Their reputation is not deserved! Here's Hank:

Bad Rap is doing fantastic work. I second that endorsement.

Thanks, I think he's gorgeous, but I may be biased. lol. I like your mom's brindle. He's got a nice attentive looking expression, I bet he responds to her really well. My boy knows when anyone is upset and comes to cuddle and give kisses. Pits are perfect if you are willing to include your dog in everything you do, because they are super happy to hang out with their people, and they get upset if they can't.

Here's Mikey, really excited to go for a ride in the car.

Attachments

• carride1.jpg
    carride1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 167
What cute babies! If I had room for a big dog, I'd be adopting two adorably huge staffy/pits. And I want to foster old/geriatric pits, but my mom says it's too sad for her to handle when they are old like that.

Thanks! :D They are big, and typically very high energy. Not for the timid. Lol. Mine is 7 and still is excited as a puppy over every thing and does "zoomies" all over the place.

Too funny! My Mom's is under two years old and is very calm and aloof... unless you have a ball in your hand! I never would've picked that breed for her, but he "picked" her as it turned out.

Too funny! My Mom's is under two years old and is very calm and aloof... unless you have a ball in your hand! I never would've picked that breed for her, but he "picked" her as it turned out.

There is a lot of variability, since the "pit bull" name encompasses several breeds and mixes. That's one more reason to adopt! When you get a dog that's grown up, you get to see exactly what you're getting. Mikey has exactly the same personality as the day we met him.

That "prey drive" is a funny thing, my dog is only interested in the ball for 10-15 minutes, then he just wants his belly rubbed. He loves to play tug though. I need to get a video of it, he's really funny.

Have you considered a spring pole? My American Bulldog as well as Hank have a blast on those!
2cmvf9y.jpg

My little English bulldog will play if I drop it down low enough!

Have you considered a spring pole? My American Bulldog as well as Hank have a blast one those!

My little English bulldog will play if I drop it down low enough!

It's such great exercise for them, and since he's so into tugging I thought he would love it, but he didn't care for it at all! He's such a big baby, I think he was afraid of it.

Yeah, with some dogs it takes a slow introduction. Start with tug, then put the lure on the spring, but just a foot off the ground. Once fun has been discovered, it goes higher and higher until they leap for joy at the sight of it! I'd definitely give it another try, it's a great energy outlet.

Very nice looking pitbull! Pitbulls are wonderful and very friendly dogs. The one thing that gets me is the stigma associated with putbulls that they are evil aggressive monsters... oh well, anyways this is my English Bulldog, Handsome. (Go figure why we named him that):p

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 125
Very nice looking pitbull! Pitbulls are wonderful and very friendly dogs. The one thing that gets me is the stigma associated with putbulls that they are evil aggressive monsters... oh well, anyways this is my English Bulldog, Handsome. (Go figure why we named him that):p
I just want to squeeze his cheeks. Very handsome. :)

Back
Top Bottom