My new senegal chameleon

mocha

Hi im bella, i got a senegal chameleon named Gizmo for my b-day. ( april 26) i learned alot of info about him before i got my chameleon. He is about 6 or 7 in. and mainly feeds on mealworms and crickets.He is about 4-5 months old. I just have some questions to ask people. Theese are some facts i know about him to help answer questions:

1 he sleeps at around, 8 or 7 pm.
2 he wakes up at around 8:00am
3 he eats only mealworms from my hands.
4 When he wants to get out of his cage, he climbs the screen, and shortly after i let him out.
5 He can turn from bright green, to dark green and brown mix in less then 8 sec. when he gets outside in sun
6 he dosnt eat veggies and fruit

1. How big do Senegal Chameleons Get? I learned they get 8 in. but i diddnt know if that was true

2. How do you tell the gender of a Senegal Chameleon? Im gussing its a boy

3. why dont senegal chameleons eat veggies? Gizmo dosen't like his veggies.

4. can Senegal Ch. eat Cuban Brown Anoles? Im not sure about them, but i fed my old Beardie Mocha them.

5. Ok last question! what facts do you know about chamleons?

Please help me answer questions. and by the way, im new here and i dont know how to add pics to here. i want to add pics of Gizmo, but i dont know how. Thank You

I can't answer a few of your questions but here's a bit of help. Limit how many mealworms you're giving him, they are high in chitin and can be hard to digest. I would get him a variety of feeders such as silkies, hornworms, roaches, mantis, gbb flies etc. Anoles can be high in parasites, especially if wild caught. I have never fed my chameleons anoles so I'm not sure if they can eat them, though I think a few members on here have fed some before. They probably are more like a treat. Not all chams eat veggies, so it depends on your chameleon.

1. How big do Senegal Chameleons Get? I learned they get 8 in. but i diddnt know if that was true Pretty much true, but it can vary.

2. How do you tell the gender of a Senegal Chameleon? Im gussing its a boy

3. why dont senegal chameleons eat veggies? Gizmo dosen't like his veggies. Senegals are insectivorous like all chams. Most don't eat any veggies or fruit. Some veiled and panther chameleons learn to like greens and fruit.

4. can Senegal Ch. eat Cuban Brown Anoles? Im not sure about them, but i fed my old Beardie Mocha them. Anoles will carry parasites so you don't really want to feed a lizard to your lizard. Anoles are native to completely different regions than chams, so parasites they carry might cause real health problems for your Senegal. There's no reason to do it and they may be a bit too big for him anyway.

5. Ok last question! what facts do you know about chamleons? Check the sticky messages at the top of the general cham forums and under the Species tab for information. There's way too much to write down here!

Please help me answer questions. and by the way, im new here and i dont know how to add pics to here. i want to add pics of Gizmo, but i dont know how. Thank You

There is a lot of general information about chams under the forum tabs, or you can do a message search on Senegals.

Gizmo

:)Im goignt to petsmart 2day! i heard they have a 20% of this month on all reptile stuff! i am going to see if i can get more accessories for gizmos cage, and definilty differnet foods

Another reason why you shall not feed Mealworm that often is that they are very nutricious and you Chameleon will become fat, which you will not see as an unexperienced keeper because chameleons do not really become fat on the outside but their organs which pretty often is a cause of premature death. Du you use supplementation?
May you upload pictures of your cage?
you might tell the gender by looking at the beginning of it´s tail slightly behind the cloaca, if this area is thicker tha usual it´s most probably a male. Btw it would have taken abot a minute to find this out using google, so i doubt you really intensly tried to gather data on your chamaeleon.

Back
Top Bottom