My new cham! (kammers content)

heartben

Note : For those of you worried about me getting another cham while darwin has coccidia, I thought you should rest easy knowing that this new cham will remain at my girlfriends until Darwin is coccidia free and everything is cleaned up. I wouldn't purposely give any cham any parasite. Just wanted to let you know! (and to those who care enough to remember Darwin has coccidia, I genuinely appreciate it. He is currently being treated with ponazuril and will have another fecal in 10 or so days to see where we are at)
/note. OK!
------------

I'm still not entirely sure if this should be in general or photography or.. wherever.. I almost think we should have a "New cham" sub section where all of these kinds of threads are posted.

That being said. I actually got a new cham from a forum member on here, but he IS a kammer kid! (sired by Manga-Fotaka (Blue Lightening)). I believe he turns 8 months sometime this month.. He is going to be (and already is for that matter) absolutely amazing!

Anyways. Here are some pics I took. Looking at him right now he is FAR more rich/vivid/colorful than in these pics. Mind you these were all taken within about 20 minutes of him being opened...better pics to come in the near future.

Just opened the bag
IMG_7387-1.jpg

Straight outside for a couple pics (it was chilly otherwise i wouldve gotten better pics)
IMG_7392-1.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

Here he is crawling on top of my shower, I thought some might be interested in a little belly shot. Haha.
IMG_7405-1.jpg

and here he is shortly after basking a bit.
IMG_7409.jpg

IMG_7411.jpg

EDIT : after having looked at these pictures again, none of them are anywhere near as vivid as he is. On the second picture - around his chin where it is bright red is the closest to what his actual color is like. I'll have to try and get better pics asap.:p

All you can really say when you see this guy is "wow" because its just..unreal. Anything natural should not be so bright and saturated with these colors.. He is electric looking.. As far as names I am not sure, I am going with the K theme just for fun. Leaning towards Kepler or Kaffeine ... or anything else that pops up.

I know I wont see his true personality for awhile but he climbed on my hand out of the bag without much coaxing (mostly just waiting a minute for him to look around). He has been super chill, just basking and getting warm. I think were going to have a great relationship. Very very excited to see if he gets more color or if his color changes at all.

Thanks for reading/looking! Please let me know what you think of him.
-ben

New guy

Wow - absolutely vivid - even in your photo's you took of him! He is Gorgeous! Where did you get him from?

Glenna

just realized that post was my 600th post...now thats a darn good post.

anyways. i got him from geckoxp on here :) thanks guys.

Awesome! Is he from Kammerflouge chams? They have some truly beautiful specimens.

I used to be a vet tech, and have treated all kinds of dogs with coccidia, but never knew lizards could catch it...ive never treated any. How do chams catch coccidia?

K names...hmm how about Klyde (klydascope), keiffer sutherland, krang (the brain from TMNT), or maybe "Kruger" like freddy kruger. Oh well best of luck, and awesome pics. I love the one of him coming out of the bag the most. If the pictures don't do him justice, than he must be blinding!

how about....kilamanjaro

yes he is. i bought him from someone who bought him from them though.

i guess they catch it from eating wild bugs or licking stuff outside maybe? it could be anywhere... pretty crappy but treatable if youre vigilant from what i understand (requires some hefty cleaning afterwords and the proper meds for the cham - and then more fecals)

i think i might go with kelvin.. ill just have to give it a bit longer to think about it. thanks for the suggestions! and he isnt so much blinding as ..hypnotizing or something..just nice rich bright colors... nice to look at.

i think darwin will get much much nicer than he is now but im thinking he will be a late bloomer so we will see in a few months...maybe him being "sick" is effecting his color? idk.. and since i dont live in CA or FL he doesnt get nearly as much natural sun...dont know if thatll help a whole whole lot or not. im still excited though so..hopefully ill have 2 really nice lookin chams in the not too distant future!

So how did I miss your new guy? He is radiant, andI am always happy to hear when thought is put into a new cham. Keeping him at your g/f until you are sure Darwin is again "free" is a wise move. Congrats

WOWW!!! He looks awesome, those blue bars on him are so vibrant. He looks great, Congrats and I wish u the best with Darwin.

He is gorgeous!!!! I'm sure Darwin will make a full recovery under your care.

He is really beautifull!! Kammers really does a wonderful job. Good luck with Darwin. I'm sure he will recover under your care.
Susie

thanks everyone! really appreciate the nice comments and well wishes for darwin.

there were quite a few "new cham" posts that were more popular than mine and i didnt want to bump my own without new info. which reminds me, i have seen him eat and drink! unfortunately he didnt show the slightest interest for being cup fed...

does anyone have any suggestions for transitioning a ..free feeder to being a cup feeder? i dont really want to use a milk jug feeder in a cage so..thats a last resort. i kind of figure once he is a bit more comfortable he might be more willing to try cup feeding..

thanks again everyone, i really do appreciate it.

He's gorgeous! I found this by seeing your updated sig and searching for a "New Cham" post from you. I agree, btw, that we should have a "New Cham" section.

Sorry to hear about Darwin, but I'm sure he'll get better soon. :) Are you still free ranging him? Out of curiosity, how will you be you housing the two of them? Separate rooms? I'm free ranging one of my chams, and I would love to free range them all, but I just can't figure out how I can work that out. The free range is in my walk-in closet, but it's definitely not big enough for more than one cham. I'm starting to wish I'd never gotten a cat three years ago... I love her to death, but I'd really rather be able to have chams free ranging everywhere without having to worry about indoor predators...

Thanks hinoco.

I'm hoping to free range both eventually but it'll be gradual.. I haven't gotten to be around the new cham all the much aside from feeding him every other day and he seems pretty nervous still (maybe he is all the time, like i said i havent been around him much)

I'm going to see how they act if I hold one up in front of the other, if they go into attack mode right away then I will have to keep one caged and one free range...If they don't go into attack mode then I will likely set up another fake tree and lights in the same room and see what happens..

Some of you might automatically jump on the like..you cant/shouldnt have more than one free range chameleon per room or whatever (based on the - you cant have more than one cham per cage) - Just know I've talked to lots of free rangers , I've seen lots of set ups and I agree that one cage probably isnt big enough for 2 typically..But a room SHOULD be big enough, if they can get away from each other and have their own basking areas and whatnot it should be ok..If they are agressive then they both won't free range. Just wanted to get that out of the way for anyone thinking I was going to be stupid and just let them fight all the time.

Thanks hinoco.

I'm hoping to free range both eventually but it'll be gradual.. I haven't gotten to be around the new cham all the much aside from feeding him every other day and he seems pretty nervous still (maybe he is all the time, like i said i havent been around him much)

I'm going to see how they act if I hold one up in front of the other, if they go into attack mode right away then I will have to keep one caged and one free range...If they don't go into attack mode then I will likely set up another fake tree and lights in the same room and see what happens..

Some of you might automatically jump on the like..you cant/shouldnt have more than one free range chameleon per room or whatever (based on the - you cant have more than one cham per cage) - Just know I've talked to lots of free rangers , I've seen lots of set ups and I agree that one cage probably isnt big enough for 2 typically..But a room SHOULD be big enough, if they can get away from each other and have their own basking areas and whatnot it should be ok..If they are agressive then they both won't free range. Just wanted to get that out of the way for anyone thinking I was going to be stupid and just let them fight all the time.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I agree that a whole room ought to be plenty of space to free range multiple chams. (Jannb is a perfect example.) I wish I had that option, but I definitely don't think it would be a good idea for me to put two chams in my closet. I think I need to just put the cat in a cage. Lol

Back
Top Bottom