my late blooming cham

dodolah

Retired Moderator
Here is my ambanja 'Pixel', which at one time thought to be a shemale.
He has a very small 'you know what' up to 7 months old. At time, his bulge will completely disappear.

He is close to 1 year old, weighing at 155 gram now (I mistakenly told Ryan my 10 month ambilobe weight instead at the last meeting :eek: my bad..).
He finally expel plugs after so long. That finally seal the deal! :)
Hopefully, he'll get a bit more manly once the testosterone kicks in.

He will not get fired up to display at the sight of any male chameleon.
His sleeping color lately has been impressive.
Even in this photo, he is not completely flared up.
Last 3 months ago, he was diagnosed by dr. Greek as having a weird growth/ tumor of some sort. He said he has no idea what it was.

He told me to wait and see if it grows or reduce in size.

I was bummed. But, today I am quite happy that the bump reduce in size to a very tiny one and almost diminished (you can actually see a tiny gray spot on his bar. That is where the bump used to be).
I hope it'll be completely gone soon.

Finally, I saw a bit of purple going on (the camera is crappy so it doesn't show that much here)..
Now, onward to the pics.
DSCN1576.jpg

DSCN1585.jpg

DSCN1582.jpg

DSCN1581.jpg

this is when he was 7 months old.
DSCN1407.jpg

"Look pa! no hemipenal bump!"

now you know why i worried about his masculinity.

Enjoy.

I have to agree he looks great!! I love the purple!!!:D
You know what the say about things with small packages!!! hahaha

Thanks for the compliments.
The purple just come out today. Hence, the excitement.
I just realized.. if you guys looked enough, his plug is still dangling in some of the picture. :p I Probably should've photoshopped it.

Look at his papa..
Amandil%20-%202.JPG

courtesy of chameleonsonly.com

I wish my camera can capture that yellow coloring. is Pixel usually colored like that.
I hope his coloring not gonna stop there.

Here is my other chameleon who decided to colored up nicely as well today.
Probably the weather or something. Somehow, they are much more colorful today than any other day.
But, he has always been the gorgeous one in the family. He never a late bloomer. He is much younger than my ambanja and check out his manhood :D
With him present as comparison, I got even more worried back then.
DSCN1586.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

Him 7 months old:
DSCN1505.jpg

Soon, both of my chameleons will be applying at harmony.com for girlfriends.

Last edited:
Glad to see Pixel turned out to be a great looking guy!!!:D The Batman boy looks great too! I wonder what Heathen looks like now.........CHUCK!

Do u have any pics of him as a baby? cuz i bought a nosy be thinking it was a male but some members here ssay its a female cuz "his" bump is not visible. but im still hopefull that he turns out to be a male (fingers crossed):D

my gonzo kind of looks just like the last pic sometimes. so hopefully he turns out cool. your other cham is really nice. his bars look like they glow.:D

my gonzo kind of looks just like the last pic sometimes. so hopefully he turns out cool. your other cham is really nice. his bars look like they glow.:D

Thanks. The Ambilobe is always awesome looking; even when he first arrived at my house.

Glad to see Pixel turned out to be a great looking guy!!!:D The Batman boy looks great too! I wonder what Heathen looks like now.........CHUCK!

Yeah. and, I almost bought Heathen too.. lol Chuck is damn fast! I would like to see an update of my ambilobe's brother, Heathen, as well :D

Wow nice pics. Good looking cham.
Thanks

Glad he came around for you. It looks like he was worth the wait though!
He certainly was worth the wait! The purple just come out yesterday. And, Today, he develop the purple bar again on his 3rd stripes. Plus, he's shedding now. I will post in here again after he finished shedding to see if he develop more color.

He's a big boy!
yup. He is quite chubby as well He has big appetite and I am going to put him on diet pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom