My few Pics From Pomona...

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
Well this was actually my first show... after years of wanting to make it to one and never really getting to. Elisa (chamelisa) and I carpooled yesterday and it was a great time. I got some past due introductions with a lot of great members from the site. I also managed to keep my self control about me and not come home with any new little buddies, just a few supplies and an awesome T-Shirt I won from the Raffle at Tiki Tiki's booth. I brought my camera with the intentions of snapping shots with all the people I knew would be there, as well as some awesome animals to post on the forums... But as usual I didn't take nearly as many photos as I wanted.

I spotted Kent and Mike at the FL Chams booth as soon as we walked in. Awesome to finally meet both of you guys. And Tyler Stewart was right next door to them with his Torts at the Blue Beast booth. Very impressive looking tortoises. It was awesome to finally meet Chad and Darci at TIki TIki Reptiles....Good Peeps. I got to have lunch with Kevin(Summoner), Roni, and Elisa. Kicked it with the Man Ryan J. for a bit while he worked the Tiki Tiki booth and showed off his breeder Ambilobe Raul Duke for The "fair food" was ridiculously priced, I payed $8 for a Burger,:eek: and $10:eek: for a Belgium Ale that I had never tried... and the name escapes me. It was also a pleasure to meet Gesang and her husband their selling their ReptAid.

Well here are the few pics I got... I hope you guys don't mind me posting the pics of you... But me with my camera... you should have known they would end up on the forum.:p

100_9700.jpg

100_9701.jpg

100_9702.jpg

100_9704.jpg

100_9705.jpg

100_9707.jpg

100_9706.jpg

~Joe

Nice pics I love the ones of Raul. It was such a fun show but really busy. This was my first time really working at a show and wow it is draining (and not just on my wallet) :D

The most fun is seeing peoples reaction to chameleons. I hope I turned a few new members on to this site. I told everyone to check it out. It is really amazing when you think about how many new chameleons got new homes and to talk to so many existing keepers. There are so many out there.

I would almost say that there were more lizards than snakes. I really liked that. The next show in Super Show in San Diego is also the Gecko Conference. Oh man is that going to be fun.

Damn, i really wish i had a chance to be at that show.

knowing how many of the forum members were there.

Damn whose that fat ass next to Sandy?!

Time to get out the MTB and start riding again.... Damn fires in Brea.... Now I have to drive to ride.. since the MTB trails near me are all chard and closed

San Diego , San Diego in June!!!!

Ryan, its very funny you mention that, i have a trip planned to san diego in june. ill be taking a week, traveling from san diego to montery bay then to LA *riverside area*

i now know which days ill be focusing my time in san diego, my friend won't be happy if he finds out i have alterior motives.

Ryan, its very funny you mention that, i have a trip planned to san diego in june. ill be taking a week, traveling from san diego to montery bay then to LA *riverside area*

i now know which days ill be focusing my time in san diego, my friend won't be happy if he finds out i have alterior motives.

Just tell him there are a lot of hot babes in SD... and its true... LOL

Hijack! Heres some I have:
DSC00684.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

And heres one Elisa took ( thanks for the copy!)
ReptileSuperShow014.jpg

Joe, Me and Kevin having a drink. Cheers for reptile addicts!

Here are some pics I took. Unfortunately, my job was to stay away from the booth, and wander the aisles passing out brochures and introducing people to our product- therefore I missed meeting some of the people from the forum :(. Somehow, I kept missing Ponders! But I did get to see quite a few of you.

Of the folks from the forum who were working the show- what sticks out in my mind the most is what genuinely nice people they are. They helped us quite a bit and really look after one another. Just like they do here on the forum. It was a pleasure to work with all of them. And we especially appreciate Chad and Darci for letting us work from their booth. And Ryan for directing folks to our stand.

We all had a nice dinner at the Outback on Friday night after setting up. By Saturday night, Elliot and I were "toast" and were in bed by 9:30, while the younger set hung out at BJ's for dinner.

Please excuse the "watermarks", I was processing photos for the classifieds tonight.

AT THE TIKI TIKI BOOTH

DURING SET UP:
010509008.jpg

010509033.jpg

010509035.jpg

010509020.jpg

MY HUSBAND, ELLIOT, SELLING REPTAID
010509015.jpg

010509013.jpg

010509017.jpg

010509011.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics!

Great post Sandy!

The pic of me with my arm out..... I'm trying to figure out what I was doing.... LOL

and the last pic is GREAT! Makes me want a beardy!

Ha! I recognize the kid in the 4th photo of Sandy's. He bought a juvie blue bar from us and had that same glazed happy look on his face. My girlfriend was calling him "little Kent" because she thinks that was how I must've glazed over looking at chams when I first started. Hopefully he'll show up on the forums soon.

Great pics everyone!

Nice pics I love the ones of Raul. It was such a fun show but really busy. This was my first time really working at a show and wow it is draining (and not just on my wallet) :D

The most fun is seeing peoples reaction to chameleons. I hope I turned a few new members on to this site. I told everyone to check it out. It is really amazing when you think about how many new chameleons got new homes and to talk to so many existing keepers. There are so many out there.

I would almost say that there were more lizards than snakes. I really liked that. The next show in Super Show in San Diego is also the Gecko Conference. Oh man is that going to be fun.
anymore ? the eastcoast is enjoying these!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys For Posting your Pics!!!:) I was so dissapointed that I didn't take more... It is nice to see everyone elses. Sandy your camera takes great shots!

Chad and Darci: I must say that you guys had me so tempted to buy another Beardie! You have some of the nicest Drangons I have seen... Best Beardeds at the show by far. The pair I have take up a considerable amount of space with their seperate enclosures. But one day I will have to get some beardies from you.

Roni: Yeah I love that pic from Lunch. And I am glad someone got a shot of that huge Sailfin... He was pretty impressive. Hope you had a safe trip home!:)

Anyone else with pics should post them!:)

~Joe

Back
Top Bottom