My cham's eye lids are kinda flaky???

ryanlegend

the eye lids are kinda flakey and im not sure hes about to shed. but he seems like hes squinting. he keeps his eyes closed a lot. has anyone else had this problem?

ya most of the day they were closed. reptisun 10 and a heat emitter. he was find when i got him last week. im not sure whats going on. i have another cham cage with a cham in it and its super healthy. and yes there is a barrier they cant see each other.

What the heck are your temps? Also, maybe the 10.0 is too strong? I would get a 5.0, most of us use them and our chams never seem to have eye issues at all. I have made the observation on here, and it seems whenever someone comes up with a cham with an eye issue 99% of the time they are not using the Reptisun 5.0. Just saying they seem the most reliable light with the least amount of problems. Some may argue the point, but it I think it is more than a coincidence. And I believe maybe some chams eyes are more sensitive than others. Just like people, what is good for one, might not be good for another. Why are u using a heat emmitter in California?

haha temp is right around 80. basking temp is a little higher. ya ive seen the argument about the 10's i use the heat emitter cause its cold right now. if i didnt use it the temps would be in the low 70's even high 60's

you mean in the day or night your temps would be that low? Hey did you try sticking him in the shower for about about 10-15 minutes. Don't let the water go directly on him(put him on a plant) and aim the showerhead at the wall and let it bounce into the plant. Not hot water but warm water. Maybe the humidity will help his eyes. i still say it wouldn't hurt to try the 5.0. You may see a difference. There is something in your cage set up that is probably causing him to close his eyes and more often than not, it is the lighting.

no i'll try that right now. huh i spent a lot on the lighting too lol damnit! so i should replace the 10 with a 5? for time being should i just leave it off?

It is hard to say 100% if the light is doing it. I have seen people on here say they use the 10.0's without any problems. Like I said the MAJORITY of us use the 5.0's but then again maybe your chams eyes are more tempermental than others. If it was shed, I can't imagine why it would cause your cham to keep his eyes closed, I think there is something else going on there. When do you turn your lights on and off?

at night. i just put him in the shower. his eyes look kinda better acctually. i think im gna start doing that everyday. because its not humid here at all.

oh ahha ya about 12 on 12 off. since ive had this guy its only been about a week and a half. he hasnt really eaten at all and ive only got him to drink once that ive seen but i mist many times a day so im sure hes drinking. hes just started to eat. so i think hes getting used to his cage.

oh ok just checkin! Well, I would continue to give him the showers and see if that does not improve his eyes. Again, I would think about changing out the light, but that is just me. Do you think his eyes are actually crusty or just look that way cause they are closed? could you post a few pics maybe?

like idk if you would call if crusty. flakey kinda works better. right right around his eye lids. i'll try i only have my droid and its not so great at close ups.

so his eyes are just flaky and nothing else on his body? It cannot be left over shed right? Even so, I don't think that would cause him to keep his eyes closed unless it was completely over the actually eyeball.

no he hasnt shed since ive had him. could it be a start of a shed. although ive never seen a shed start on the eyes. i think its just not humid enough in there.

Back
Top Bottom