My cham eats romaine lettuce from my hand!

millsamus

I never would have guessed but its a fact! Along with eating some of the plants in her cage she also like to eat lettuce! Happened by trial and she eats lettuce in addition to her gut loaded crickets!

BTW: how do i post images in a gallery form like I have seen others do?

A10_4751.jpg

A10_4749.jpg

A10_4740.jpg

nice looking cham! :D I have read that they eat veggies too but never seen it.

Also what are the bumbs on her ribs? My female veiled has the same thing.

nice looking cham! :D I have read that they eat veggies too but never seen it.

Also what are the bumbs on her ribs? My female veiled has the same thing.

She recently laid eggs about a month ago..... stretched skin? There used to be eggs there, now there aren't. So less fat (eggs) in there. SO what do we see.... bones. Its not that we dont feed our cham enough.... its just that we dont want them to lay more eggs. So we dont feed them ALOT!

Your chameleon's left front foot is severely swollen. Did she injure it?

Or could she have gout, which is a common problem in chams and is related to hydration and nutrition.

Or could she have gout, which is a common problem in chams and is related to hydration and nutrition.

i also noticed that, looks like the nail is missing. OP most likely is aware already though.

To post images as attachments, use the "Post Reply" button, click the "paperclip" and upload the images from your computer. They will appear as thumbnails in your post.

My suggestion is to name your files clearly so you can use them later.

Not injured, she lost a few nails from crawling on the screen cage. She needed to lay eggs sooner then I thought. Took a few nails to figure out she was ready to lay. The swelling has started to decrease. Yet she still does not use the front arms, nor has a strong grip like she used to.

As far as I know she should be hydrated, eyes are not wrinkley (showing dehydration). Also she gets vitamin supplements every feeding day. Cal+vit D3 & - Vit D3, multi vitamin. Yet I still dont know what to look for in case of Gout. I do know that she has pain in her feet (toes). And not the arms.

i also noticed that, looks like the nail is missing. OP most likely is aware already though.

Whats "OP" mean? She lost a few nails due to crawling the cage. Since shes laid eggs she does not crawl the sides of the cage anymore.

To post images as attachments, use the "Post Reply" button, click the "paperclip" and upload the images from your computer. They will appear as thumbnails in your post.

My suggestion is to name your files clearly so you can use them later.

Thanks! I shall try it.

If you provide her a vitamin and calcium supplement at every feeding, that sounds to me like too much supplementation by about 4x. But I don't keep vieleds, so someone here who is an experienced breeder of vieleds can speak to her nutritional needs with more accuracy than I can.

I am concerned that her foot looks severely swollen. It could be gout, or she could have injured it somehow. The bumps on her rib cage can also be a sign of either nutritional deficiency or injury. I would suggest a visit to a vet to check that foot.

If you provide her a vitamin and calcium supplement at every feeding, that sounds to me like too much supplementation by about 4x. But I don't keep vieleds, so someone here who is an experienced breeder of vieleds can speak to her nutritional needs with more accuracy than I can.

I am concerned that her foot looks severely swollen. It could be gout, or she could have injured it somehow. The bumps on her rib cage can also be a sign of either nutritional deficiency or injury. I would suggest a visit to a vet to check that foot.

how often do you add supplements in your chams diet? What kind you have?

Back
Top Bottom