My ambanja panthers update! (pic heavy!)

chameleonneeds

Avid Member
Hey all.

Well I dont do updates too often so thought I would post some new pics I got of my male and 1 female.

Now a lot of discussion has been done about whether my male is a mix breed panther or not. To me he looks pretty pure. But I am not expert with panther locale mix identification :p

Here is my male when he was a baby.

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5793.jpg

This is him now :D

In these pics you can see he has got the classic ambanja spotting.

IMG_5795.jpg

Here he was sortof angry and starting to fire up.

IMG_5820.jpg

And here he is fired up!
IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

Now take a look at these pics with how much his colours change. Here he displays only blue bars against a red body with a bit of green, you can also see a few of the red spots closer to the rifge of his back.

IMG_5812.jpg

IMG_5813.jpg

He has some superb colours either way!

Here is my female, not too happy :D

IMG_5824.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics

Cheers

Interesting, I have seen some ambanjas with a little orange, red, and yellow. Mr. Ambanja from chams101 has a lot of red and he looks sweet. However, none that are totally red like yours. Is it possible it is an Ambilobe with "High Red" traits? Likely, when he totally matures he will be intense red with, sky blue bars. Very impressive either way!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

@tkilgour, he can only be 100% ambanja. He has come from ambanjas, no one has ever had ambilobes for sale though I know there are some being bred at the moment.
He also looks very different to most of his siblings aswell. Though he has 1 brother that he is starting to look very similar to.

And about what you said of how his colours will turn out as an adult, well heres a pic of your exact description and this is the male I say he is turning out to look like though this male doesnt have sky blue bars, more turquiose than blue.

DSCN5494.jpg

Wow, that guy is an awesome looking chameleon!!!! Your guy looks like he is going to have even more red.

Rostral and color do not look like ambanja to me. I hate to be the one that says it even though everyone is thinking it. The pictured sire looks like a red bar ambilobe and the young one looks like an Ambilobe cross to me.

Just my opinion

Rostral and color do not look like ambanja to me. I hate to be the one that says it even though everyone is thinking it. The pictured sire looks like a red bar ambilobe and the young one looks like an Ambilobe cross to me.

Just my opinion

I agree with your opinion. I figured I would ask the OP if it was possible it is an Ambilobe. I have seen Ambanjas with reds and oranges, but not near the amount this great looking boy has. Like you said Rostral and color doesn't add up to Ambanja.

Interesting, I have seen some ambanjas with a little orange, red, and yellow. Mr. Ambanja from chams101 has a lot of red and he looks sweet. However, none that are totally red like yours. Is it possible it is an Ambilobe with "High Red" traits? Likely, when he totally matures he will be intense red with, sky blue bars. Very impressive either way!

Just my opinion

I totally agree. Ambanjas are varied for sure, but this looks nothing like any Ambanja i've ever seen... If nothing else he looks very healthy.

See ya,

Todd

Just my opinion

I also agree with ryan an todd an others,while it is a nice lookin cham you have looks like a cross...

Ok. Well I wouldnt know so Il leave it up to the breeders that have seen many panthers such as Todd and Tkilgour. My 9 month old panther is the sibling of that full grown red and turquoise male. That is not his father. If I can get a pic of the father Il post the pic. Right now I cannot call him an ambilobe even though everyone says he is because in S.A they are regarded as ambanja even though some turn out nothing like their siblings such as mine and Pauls, if I have to now tell people he is an ambilobe which they will probably believe because of the colours he has then they would want to buy his offspring and then breed them with ambilobes they might have in the future. So what locale is it safe to say he is? And what should I do?

If you are unsure of his locale and his lineage. Then that is what I would say. You could still breed him and sell his offspring but they should be sold as pets and not to people with interest in breeding.

I am no Tkilgour or Todd :rolleyes: but if I had to guess I would call this a Nosy Belobe, or Ambilo Be... Looks to me a lot like what you get when you cross an Ambilobe with a Nosy Be like veildowner said.

Back
Top Bottom