Moved to adult cage finally.. comments?

vindicatedornot

Well we just moved Fry to his 24x24x48" cage and he looks dumbfounded. lol. He started eating immediately. I setup my mistking, heating, and lighting and everything seems to be great. I can't wait for him to calm down a bit and explore his new home. He's pretty jumbled up from the ride here. He bit me whenever I grabbed him out of the moving box, lol.

cage-1.jpg

please give me a little input. Is it too crowded in there? His basking temp is 89-90 and avg temp is 82. His humidity will always be taken care of with our handy dandy mistking. I setup a double headed nozzle in the back right top corner, and a third single nozzle on the back screen in the middle pointing into the tree. We started cup feeding him in his baby cage so he would know what the cup is inside his adult cage. He's already eating and drinking so I'm not worried.

thanks in advance, pics of Fry will be posted on here soon :)

-Andrea

Looks good. Could definitely do with a couple more plants that sit on the floor to fill it out and give him so more cover to retreat into, other than that it's a good job! :D

Looks good. Could definitely do with a couple more plants that sit on the floor to fill it out and give him so more cover to retreat into, other than that it's a good job! :D

It may be nice to have some extra plants in there if you can swing it...maybe another hanging plant in the right rear towards the top?

But, it looks like maybe vindicatedornot was going for a setup that makes cleaning the bottom of the habitat easy? Looks good!

It may be nice to have some extra plants in there if you can swing it...maybe another hanging plant in the right rear towards the top?

But, it looks like maybe vindicatedornot was going for a setup that makes cleaning the bottom of the habitat easy? Looks good!

would be great to have 2 umbrella plants on the floor for a bit of coverage, they like shrubs so i think that would be a great idea,:rolleyes:;)

i was going to pick one up, He's just really small still. he's not even 6 months old yet. I want him to be able to move around easily and find his way to his feeder cup and find the freerange crickets. Or do you guys think he'll be fine? I trust y'alls opinion. He's my first cham so i have no experience what so ever.

-Andrea

I had my first cham in a 24" x 24" x 48" enclosure and I got him at 3months old. I probably had too many plants at first, but it's good to give him somewhere to go and hide to feel secure so a nice ficus or something similar with lots of leaves would be ideal.

I had my first cham in a 24" x 24" x 48" enclosure and I got him at 3months old. I probably had too many plants at first, but it's good to give him somewhere to go and hide to feel secure so a nice ficus or something similar with lots of leaves would be ideal.

as long as they can find there food they will be fine!:)

Well, seeing as he's cup feeding it shouldn't be much of a problem! :D Unless you bury the cup with the leaves! :p I've always used locusts (which apparently you can't get in the states? Don't know if that's still the case) but they're pretty stupid and head towards the light in day time, which is normally where your cham is waiting to pick them off! :D That's always good fun to watch! Plus I hand feed little treats every now and then!

Well, seeing as he's cup feeding it shouldn't be much of a problem! :D Unless you bury the cup with the leaves! :p I've always used locusts (which apparently you can't get in the states? Don't know if that's still the case) but they're pretty stupid and head towards the light in day time, which is normally where your cham is waiting to pick them off! :D That's always good fun to watch! Plus I hand feed little treats every now and then!

lol i love hand feeding, great fun!:D

Thanks for the picture. If you have a chance, could you post a couple of close-ups where you mounted the bio-vine and hanging plant support. Those are tie-wraps through widened screen holes, right?

I just got a similar cage and have lots of time to get it ready since Stan is only 4 1/2 months old now. The screen is somewhat flimsy and I was concerned about it supporting things.

Great job!

Yeah its just UV resistant tie wraps. the tiny kind. there are bigger ones but it will mess up your screens more i think. I took a few more pics, sorry i didnt see this post of I would have taken the close-ups you asked for. To hang the pothos in the corner I used gardening wire or something much like it. You can kind of see how i did it in the picture. I'm going to try and take a video of his cage and setup in detail for other people setting up a chameleon cage.

-Andrea

frycage3.jpg

frycage1.jpg

fry2-1.jpg

frycage2-1.jpg

fry.jpg

Yeah its just UV resistant tie wraps. the tiny kind. there are bigger ones but it will mess up your screens more i think. I took a few more pics, sorry i didnt see this post of I would have taken the close-ups you asked for. To hang the pothos in the corner I used gardening wire or something much like it. You can kind of see how i did it in the picture. I'm going to try and take a video of his cage and setup in detail for other people setting up a chameleon cage.

-Andrea

frycage3.jpg

frycage1.jpg

fry2-1.jpg

frycage2-1.jpg

fry.jpg

great looking panther, can we see a few more pics of him?

I like how you used the bio vine to hold the cup! That's a very good idea.

*goes to rearrange chameleon cages*

about to sleep

fry12small.jpg

flash.

fry13small.jpg

no flash.

i would have got a closer shot but he was about to go to sleep. More pics soon. After I repot his new plants

-Andrea

Back
Top Bottom