moths?

cbeal1

I caught some moths from outside they are kinda big. They don't have any fancy colors on them. Are they ok to give them to my cham?

I don't feed ANY wild caught insects for fear of pesticides/fertilizers. Also, if you can't name the species, we cannot tell you if it is harmful or not. I'd be surprised if they're toxic, but when in doubt, don't!

on the contrary, i feed tons of moth species, and actually just spent hours catching and feeding my chams flies moths and other fun treats. Just use your common sense and use a little logic, no pesticides, no gross food sources for the bugs.

do some research. You will find alot of varying answers on the topic. it depends on where you are and your situation. Personally, if it were not for wild caught bugs, i wouldnt have been able to feed my chams some days. I know i'll get all sorts of flax for this but i believe if you use your head and are safe, then there can be benefits.

Oh, Ps. this should be under food! haha

I feed moths too when I can catch them. I usually keep them in a jar overnight and if they are dead then I throw them away. If they are alive I feed them. I figure if they were hit with pesticides they probably would not live for the 8 hours or so that I keep them. I feed the brown moths. I have also fed the large sphinx moths and they did not kill my chameleon!

Back
Top Bottom