Mosquito eaters

If I read another thread correctly, chameleons get preformed Vit A from insects that eat mammal blood, so I believe potentially it could be passed on to the mosquito eater.

Oh! I figured you were talking about something else, we have several different things called mosquito eaters around here.. the Crane Fly being one of them, and something else that actually does eat mosquitoes as another.

My general rule is to not feed anything from outside unless I can be 100% sure they are pesticide-free and that anything they ate can not harm my pets. Tomato leaves are toxic, and I know some species of bugs that eat that can be toxic to our pets!

If it is possible for you to clean out their stuff (intestines or whatever LOL!) with some carrots or something ( I have no idea what Crane Flies eat! ) I would do that, but still, be weary of pesticides.

Crane flies

Just to clear every things up on this topic, this little flying snacks are great, they eat Nothing, and would be dead if there were any pesticides on them, very sensitive insect. Don't believe me, spray it with hot water, dead! Spray it with cold water, dead. They flourish under perfect conditions, and don't have time to ear,as they are only flying around to mate, and they have 72 hrs to do so, before they parish.

the ULTIMATE treat !! crane fly

as said, they are a great snack - Olive was addicted to them - it was one of the only things she would move for- lol - at first I thought you were asking about feeding mosquitos - I feed those to my babies in summer- they are also a great feeder for small chams - but you have to "clean " them - catch the larva, and just put them in clean water, add some food - when they hatch, you just feed them off :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/mosquitoes-feeder-129582/

I live in the "corn Fields " - lol - but I feed EVERYTHING wild I can catch , even May flies and hornet larva - but ya gotta get them at night ;)

Back
Top Bottom