morio worms

The Zophobas Morio worm is more commonly called a super worm... It is not really a worm at all but actually Larva of the zophobas morio beetle. Since they are such a ravenous eater they can be gutloaded very easily, making them a great choice for a feeder. As far as if you could them them to your Yemen... I usually wait until the Cham is Juvie sized to occasionally feed them. I worry about small babies digesting them. If it is an adult Yemen... Gutload them(their nutrional value alnoe is pretty low), and feed away. With adult Chams I will feed them a few during a feeding...along with whatever else I offer. I wouldn't recommend a diet of only SuperWorms... Variety is the best way to go.

can any one tell me how often i can feed my yemen cham on marios.also what are marios.

Zophobas Morio, aka Kingworms, aka Superworms (not to be confused with supermealworms). Depending on the size of the worm/larva, one worm equals roughly two crickets. Kingworms are easy to gutload and when dusted with calcium they make a decent feeder. Kingworms have more calories per gram that crickets do, and a fair bit of the calories come from fat, so they should not be a staple as in every day feeder. Kingworms are easy to breed, dont stink, and most chams like them. I offer them to my chams about twice a week.

I love these as feeders because of how easy it is to gut load them and also because they last forever.
I have an adult male veiled who has (much to my dismay) eaten nothing but superworms for the last year.
The best I can do for him is to uber gut load the grubs and trust his dietary decisions.
He has gone weeks and weeks without food, refusing everything (even superworms at times) and will ONLY eat supers.
I raised him on a varied diet from the time he was 5 weeks old but at about a year he started to refuse anything but superworms.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom