Monty's Penthouse Suite!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Today I finally put the finishing touches to Monty's 'big boy' screen cage and he was able to move in! :D The cage was made by ChameleonworldMuji and is 18 x 18 x 36". I am really impressed with the quality of these cages! It is so much better than the Reptibreeze cages - the bit I like best is the fact that the base screws on rather than resting loose in the bottom of the frame which was a recipe for disaster when moving it around. Anyhow, here are some photos that I took today!

EmptyViv.jpg

Newvivwhole2.jpg

Top half
Tophalf.jpg

Bottom half
Bottomhalf.jpg

Basking area
Baskingspot.jpg

Checking out his new home! :D
Firstlook.jpg

Monty IS a big boy now.
:)
I love jacksons and he is one lucky boy to have that nice cage!
Well Done!
Todd

Today I finally put the finishing touches to Monty's 'big boy' screen cage and he was able to move in! :D The cage was made by ChameleonworldMuji and is 18 x 18 x 36". I am really impressed with the quality of these cages! It is so much better than the Reptibreeze cages - the bit I like best is the fact that the base screws on rather than resting loose in the bottom of the frame which was a recipe for disaster when moving it around. Anyhow, here are some photos that I took today!

EmptyViv.jpg

Newvivwhole2.jpg

Top half
Tophalf.jpg

Bottom half
Bottomhalf.jpg

Basking area
Baskingspot.jpg

Checking out his new home! :D
Firstlook.jpg

Really nice job! :cool: Monty tested... Monty approved! I don't think I would change a thing! Great work, and the cage looks real sturdy!!!

Monty definitely rules the house :cool:
Such a sweetheart! Definitely my favorite Jax ever! ;)

Love his new bachelor pad!! ;)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Nice...where did you get the netting from?
It came from a local garden centre. Its really useful to attach branches and vines to without damaging the screen of the cage!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

It came from a local garden centre. Its really useful to attach branches and vines to without damaging the screen of the cage!

Yes, that netting is GREAT.
And I just saw the green foam twistie tie stuff here in the States at Wal Mart yesterday.

:)

The foam twisty stuff is brilliant! It can double as vines for baby chams - both Monty and now Zippy have had vines made of it! It's easy to grip for tiny little chambaby feets! :D

Wow! Looks like he got the presidential suite! :D You can almost see the smile on Monty's face in that last pic! He is such a cutie!

What exactly is that green twisty tie stuff and where would I find it in wal-mart? I have GOT to get some!

You have put a lot of thought into this project. I am totally impressed. Love the netting and the foam twists. Great job!!!

If anyone here in the States knows where we can get that netting, don't hesitate to let me know... I'd love to have some! That is awesome!

The cage looks awesome for Monty and I agree - that cargo netting is an incredible idea! I usually use zip ties and run them through the holes in the screen so that it's not damaged, but I think I like this idea even better! Hope Monty appreciates all the time and effort you put into it! :D

If anyone here in the States knows where we can get that netting, don't hesitate to let me know... I'd love to have some! That is awesome!

Try a bird store, in person or online. Bird's Paradise or Bird's Extoic in NJ sell them, and I know they do online orders and shipping. I use it in my parrot's cage.

Also, how do people get the thermometer/humidity to stick to the mesh?? Mine keeps falling right off...

Back
Top Bottom