Monsoon rs400 Mister

MrColors

Hello

I just bought a Monsoon rs400 mister. Is this a good one? From the reviews I've seen online, the only issue seems to be that water sometimes gets into the timer wiring and busts it...
Is there a better one that anyone knows of, or is this one fairly good? Any tips for maintenance or setup?

Thanks!

Mistking or aquazamp are the top ones here (mistking) very cheap and reliable for what u get! If u can return urs and get a mistking.. the qualitys just there on it.

Haha, I started a thread on this earlier today.

For me, the mist seems ok and pump power adequate for a couple of cages max. The timer is absolute junk, I highly suggest buying a separate timer to use in conjunction with the monsoon. The frequency and duration of mistings seems to have no corellation to the timer / duration knobs.

Haha, I started a thread on this earlier today.

For me, the mist seems ok and pump power adequate for a couple of cages max. The timer is absolute junk, I highly suggest buying a separate timer to use in conjunction with the monsoon. The frequency and duration of mistings seems to have no corellation to the timer / duration knobs.

I agree. I went through 3 and they would only mist every 2 hrs. Nice design. Bought a mistking and there is no comparison.

I agree. I went through 3 and they would only mist every 2 hrs. Nice design. Bought a mistking and there is no comparison.

these issues seem to be popping up everywhere! my monsoon (to be nice) isn't working very well... haha o man I just started a thread about which mistaking to get hahah so your not the only one in this boat
good luck

I am currently using aquazamp and i absolutely love it!! The quality is great, it is very quiet, extremely easy to set up, and the costumer service is first class. I say go with aquazamp and I promise you will love it!

I honestly think its hit or miss. With the monsoon. I have 2 of them and run six nossles on one no problem everything works perfect it four months old now the other i just bought and it runs two nossles right now also without any problems but i did open up the top and connect the wiring my self not the manufactures way but i cut the wire back from the marret sodered them together taped and marret then back together that was the first thing i did with my second one as my first one seemed to have a short but after i did that its been flawless so again hit or miss.

Do yourself a long time favor and ditch the monsoon and get a mistking. I absolutely love my mistking and have absolutely zero issues with it. Check out Wykd's blog on the comparison of the different misting sytems.

Ii also pay whole sale price so go with what is concidered best is what i would say. I i do hear mistking and aqua zamp are the best but myself i got what works and im fine with it. All say mistking go with mist kings

I honestly think its hit or miss. With the monsoon. I have 2 of them and run six nossles on one no problem everything works perfect it four months old now the other i just bought and it runs two nossles right now also without any problems but i did open up the top and connect the wiring my self not the manufactures way but i cut the wire back from the marret sodered them together taped and marret then back together that was the first thing i did with my second one as my first one seemed to have a short but after i did that its been flawless so again hit or miss.

This gives me hope! How do you get a good long misting? My unit allows a 2 min max mist time. I want to be able to give 10 min mistings. I bought a secondary digital timer but the Monsoon defaults to "cycle", instead of "on", and thus limits my mistings to 2 minutes

I am currently using aquazamp and i absolutely love it!! The quality is great, it is very quiet, extremely easy to set up, and the costumer service is first class. I say go with aquazamp and I promise you will love it!

I swear to all that is holy, you pretty much said what I tell everybody! AZ for the win! :D

I looked into aquazamps, and they do look incredible. I am looking at either the Premium Collector Misting Nozzle System or the Premium RainDome System (the Premium Keeper Misting Nozzle System is out of stock). Which one would be better for Mr. Colors? He is a Jackson's cham in a 18x18x36 inch all-mesh cage. I have no drainage sustem--it's just a mesh cage with a removeable bottom made of something flimsy, so whatever water comes down will have to dry from the basking light.

I checked out Mistkings, and they look pretty darn good, too. I'm thinking about getting the Starter Misting System if I go with this brand. Any extra supplies I would need to go with it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a Monsoon rs400 Mister, and I like it. It was great for my panther in his small cage. Since then I have upgraded his cage to a large one, and I bought the Aquazamp raindome from them. My chameleon LOVES it. He doesn't like to get sprayed directly, so this method is perfect for my guy. I would recommend both.

Back
Top Bottom