Mixing supplements

I personally don't mix. I alternate. The vitamins(especially A, D3 and E) can compete for uptake in digestion, when mixed. You can correct this by mixing the two supplements to the correct ratio, but it seems easier to me to just alternate. Also if you want to mix you have to make sure to mix fresh every time because they can have some sort of reaction and degrade each other over time(I think this has to do with the beta-carotine)

Howdy,

Chelation is the chemical reaction mentioned. Mixing certain vitamins/minerals together can cause one or more of them to change in undesirable ways. As was mentioned, if you have separate products for supplementation then use them on different days just to be sure :).

What I do is mix rep-cal with D3 with minerall without D3. This is done before supplementing, not in a batch.

It gives me flexibility in dosing D3, so animals with higher needs (babies, females with eggs) get slightly more repcal, and others get just a small fraction.

Repcal is very high in D3 - much higher than it "needs" to be. So I cut it.

I like having the repcal available in full strength, in case I need extra D3 (resuce, sick baby, etc.)

I like having minerall, as when they're outside, I don't give them much D3 at all. And, minerall has many more minerals than repcal does, so they get a good balance.

Back
Top Bottom