Mitsio introduction - Receptive colour question

Echoezra

Established Member
So, I hate to sound like such a newb here after all this time, but I really feel like one when it comes to this girlie breeding stuff. I don't know how to insert emoticons from my tapatalk app, but if I did, you'd see that pink embarrassed one here. Lol.
So -
I was thinking about it last month, but decided to postpone introducing my mitsios until after our family vacation. I was moving the female's cage with the others to share the MistKing (which the added nozzle leaked and sprayed everywhere right before leaving just like it did last year, lol, so it wasn't really necessary anyway, as pet sitting grandma had to hand mist anyway, haha)
Point is, today my boy Zaphod asked to come out, which he hasn't done in quite a while. So I go to take him outside, but I decide to pause in front of Trillian's cage to see how she'd react - curious or angry.
(Zaphod, btw - defiitely interested. Bob, Bob, bob. Lol)

Well, Trillian didn't darken up at all. In fact may have gotten a little brighter of her peachy pink. She puffed up her chin, but that was it. No darkening, no aggressiveness. Just puffed up her chin, which got a little brighter and just looked at him.
I rewatched Dez's receptive female video, but this wasn't quite either. Lol.

Any insight? Do you think this means receptive, or non-receptive, or nothing at all?
When I came back inside after I took him out, she was sitting there with her tail curled like at bedtime. Does that mean anything? (usually she's got it wrapped around a branch or something)
I took her outside for a sunshine break after I put him away. Since then she's been kind of facing the front of her cage, staring out at us on the couch. Does she want more sunshine, or more boyfriend? Lol.

I loved the story, especially the head bobbing. I have nothing to add about that but while we're on the Mitsios thing, does anyone have any in the cooker right now? In the US? They're impossible to find and so beautiful.

So, I hate to sound like such a newb here after all this time, but I really feel like one when it comes to this girlie breeding stuff. I don't know how to insert emoticons from my tapatalk app, but if I did, you'd see that pink embarrassed one here. Lol.
So -
I was thinking about it last month, but decided to postpone introducing my mitsios until after our family vacation. I was moving the female's cage with the others to share the MistKing (which the added nozzle leaked and sprayed everywhere right before leaving just like it did last year, lol, so it wasn't really necessary anyway, as pet sitting grandma had to hand mist anyway, haha)
Point is, today my boy Zaphod asked to come out, which he hasn't done in quite a while. So I go to take him outside, but I decide to pause in front of Trillian's cage to see how she'd react - curious or angry.
(Zaphod, btw - defiitely interested. Bob, Bob, bob. Lol)

Well, Trillian didn't darken up at all. In fact may have gotten a little brighter of her peachy pink. She puffed up her chin, but that was it. No darkening, no aggressiveness. Just puffed up her chin, which got a little brighter and just looked at him.
I rewatched Dez's receptive female video, but this wasn't quite either. Lol.

Any insight? Do you think this means receptive, or non-receptive, or nothing at all?
When I came back inside after I took him out, she was sitting there with her tail curled like at bedtime. Does that mean anything? (usually she's got it wrapped around a branch or something)
I took her outside for a sunshine break after I put him away. Since then she's been kind of facing the front of her cage, staring out at us on the couch. Does she want more sunshine, or more boyfriend? Lol.

Well, I didnt see how old she is. But if she didnt puff up or turn dark and hiss & gape. She sounds receptive. Its hard to say for certain since I didnt witness the encounter but I'd say her reaction says shes ready.

If you ready to breed them put them together, if she isn't receptive you will soon no when she try's go attack him, if you just stay there you will have plenty of time to take him out

Well, I didnt see how old she is. But if she didnt puff up or turn dark and hiss & gape. She sounds receptive. Its hard to say for certain since I didnt witness the encounter but I'd say her reaction says shes ready.

Well, she did puff up her chin... but not really her whole body though, and she didn't hiss or gape or turn dark.
She's a pretty mellow girl though, so I wasn't sure if that was her "mellow-style" signal telling me "no, mom, just..no" lol

If you ready to breed them put them together, if she isn't receptive you will soon no when she try's go attack him, if you just stay there you will have plenty of time to take him out

Well, I'd rather be really sure. Especially if there's a risk of her injuring him with a bite, as I know he'll be a nightmare to try and treat an injury - he's been all defensive since he split my fingernail with a bite several months back.

How old is your girl?

One way to check is hold the male in the cage. Judge her reaction then. She may flare up or flee... Meaning not ready. but if she's calm, and moves towards him... Good to go

Or even sometimes a slow walk away can signal her being ready. Kind of like a come-and-get-it kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom