MistKing emergency

Echoezra

Established Member
Guys, I need some help quick. Just got my mistking all set up - I thought! Everything's connected, timer programmed. Now what? Just passed one of my timer settings and it didn't go off. I need to make sure it's working, ASAP, because we're supposed to leave in a couple hours for the weekend. Please help.

I had this same issue. Be sure you have the AM and PM thing set right. It is hard to see and easy to miss.

First thing I would do is make sure you have the timer set for 'Auto' and not in the 'Off' function. Next, with the far right button on the bottom, scroll through it until you manual turn this until 'On'. If it doesn't come on, there could be a problem with your pump. If it does come on, scroll back to 'Auto' and recheck and make sure that you have the PM-AM correct on your programed cycles.

EDIT: just re-read your post- It didn't go 'Off', meaning it came on but wouldn't shut off, or it didn't come 'On' at all?

It didnt even try to come on. I even unplugged it front the timer and just plugged it in plain to the power bar. Then you could see the pump moving a bit like something was happening, but no water came out the misters or anything. What did I screw up here. (I was VERY careful about paying attention to the am/pms cause it took me a few tries to do the programming and I reeeealy didn't want to do it a fourth time.)

If you plugged the pump into the power with no timer then the pump should run. It can pull water up to one meter without being primed so maybe you just need to let it run and get primed. If not then check for some kind of blockage in the lines

yes and the timer has 4 on/off settings on, auto on, off, and auto off, if you have it all set up you need to have it on auto off if it is in between spray times.
hoj

unhook the hose from the first mist nozzel and lay thehose flat to let the pump and line fill with water then re hook it in to the nozzel it should work then. I had this same problem it was a air pocket in the pump but doing that fixed it. let me know if that works for u.

Correct. If the line isn't primed it won't operate. If the pump came on that is probably what the problem is.

Everything working now, except timer!!

Okay, almost there.. Got the lines & leaks figured out, but now I plug it into the timer and it just goes, right away, and keeps going. I went through everything on the timer, it's all set up just how it's supposed to be, all am/pms are right , correct time now, set on auto.
So now what??

I am running mine on a timer that has the on/off pins that can be selected in 15 minute intervals. So if you have one of those and you are pressed for time, then you may want to see if that will work until you are less rushed. My digital timer works also and i like it a lot. Any timer will work.

You have to make sure it set to auto. Pretty much you push the sec button three times and on the screen it will say auto. I had that problem at first.

did ya get the timer figured out.
make it goto off then press the button once more, then it should kick in at the next time to mist.

Well, my next time was 2pm, so I unplugged it and then waited til 1:58 before I plugged it back in. It started going, kept going (nothing changed at 2pm) then went off at 2:04 like I had the timer set to go off. So, it did go OFF at the time it was supposed to. I'm hoping it will work now. I said we can't hit the road til after 4:04, to see if it goes on & off by itself according to the timer. Cross your fingers. ;)

4pm timer worked great!

Yay!! Success!! Okay, looks like we now have an automated misting system. Woohoo!
And Zaphod LOVES it!! He kept coming close and eyeballing it right before it went off (maybe remembered it from Chameleon Nation??) and then when it went off he came back, went right up to it, stood up on his back legs, so he'd get it full blast in the face & chest/belly!! Lol!! And now he has parked himself right on the vine in front of the nozzle, keeps looking up longingly at it. Lmfao!! Wow.
Zelig, who normally goes a-running when I start with the spray bottle, didn't even flinch. He stayed where he was, and continued on with his cricket-hunting business. So, I'd say success there too.
Now I just have to hope they don't like it SO much that they climb on the nozzles and reposition them while we're away...

Hello, Iv'e just bought a beautiful male Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. His name is "REPTAR". He was born late April,2011. So far I have him two days now and he has eaten 12 crickets yesterday and so far 13 crickets today. The Temperature is 80 degrees with a humidity of 60%. I keep the UVB light along with a 75 watt basking light on from 10:00am-3:00pm. I don't have a drip system but I do spray/mist the cage (18,18,20) evey 3-4 hours until my fake plants are dripping. Unfortunately, I haven't yet seen him drink and I NEEED to be sure he is hydrated. Anyone who has something to say in order to improve my enclosure please let me know Thank you

Hello, Iv'e just bought a beautiful male Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. His name is "REPTAR". He was born late April,2011. So far I have him two days now and he has eaten 12 crickets yesterday and so far 13 crickets today. The Temperature is 80 degrees with a humidity of 60%. I keep the UVB light along with a 75 watt basking light on from 10:00am-3:00pm. I don't have a drip system but I do spray/mist the cage (18,18,20) evey 3-4 hours until my fake plants are dripping. Unfortunately, I haven't yet seen him drink and I NEEED to be sure he is hydrated. Anyone who has something to say in order to improve my enclosure please let me know Thank you

You should start a new thread for this, but I would highly suggest you make a dripper for him, it can be something as simple as a 2 liter bottle that you poke a sewing needle in the bottom

Back
Top Bottom