misting?

Dan

hey everyone,
So I was just wondering how everyone does there misting? How many times during the day do you do it? and for how long? ive been told just spray enough to wet the whole cage down, and ive also been told to spray for a good minute or two. which is right? Is it really that bad to spray your cham?

Figured this could lead to some possible good discusion.

For me it depends on the chameleon. I have 2 that will drink directly from the spray bottle, so I will mist them as long as they are drinking. They are both females, and both let me know when they are done by turning away or shaking their heads. My male Veiled takes a bit longer, I spray him until he starts drinking, and then mist until he stops. My Oustalets and male Panther hate to be sprayed, but after I spray down the leaves in their cages they run to lick the leaves. When I get a new chameleon and I am not sure of their habits, I tend to spray for up to 5 minutes just to make sure they are hydrated. Pygmies are easy, I just wet the plants down in their cage real well. Everybody gets watered 3X daily, about 8AM, about noon, and about 5:30PM. I give all of the cages a chance to dry before lights out. And yes, I hand mist them all. I have built up an incredible "misting" muscle in my right forearm! :)

Last edited:
Hi Dan....

Hi Dan........with the one cage you have I think you can get by just using a cheap plastic spray bottle. I would mist all the plants in your girl's cage once in the morning and once in the afternoon or early evening. Mist the plant surfaces only. She will drink from that. If you have time you can wipe up the bottom of the cage with a paper towel afterwards. This also cleans up cricket doo doo as you do it. I would keep things simple. With one cage and your young girl you don't need to make things expensive or complicated :)

Back
Top Bottom