Misting Problems

Bokaru

So, I would like to start by saying Peppers, my Senegal, hates being misted. I try to spray his cage twice or more times a day, and he just climbs away from where I am spraying very frantically. He just closes his eyes and starts flailing his arms till he grabs something, which has made him almost fall several times.

I don't spray directly on him, but spray horizontally above so the water falls on him. (this is the correct way to mist, right?) Could this be because the water is too cold or has something in it he doesn't like or that he just hates being wet?

Recently, he has been very dark green in the cage with his side stripes are almost purple. My first guess was hydration so I am trying to assess the issue, but if he runs then I'm going to keep having problems helping him out.

Any ideas?

My chameleon runs away when i mist too lol. But sometimes he will come back out and sit in the mist enjoying it. Have a dripper going during the day so that he can drink from that. How long do you mist for?

its normal for chams to hate being misted and try and run away. they first have you enter their territory only for you (which is hudge to them) aims a water bottle at them and starts spraying franticly, there is not wrong way of misting unless of course you've got a stream on directly spraying him. but try spraying slow with the finest mist your water bottle has.

I mist 3-4 minuets at a time at least twice a day. I have a dripper that runs, but I never see him drinking from it. I think he's kind of confused by it, but I wouldnt be surprided if he got sips while I was away.

I just got my chameleon a week ago, and when i was misting he was always run away and i had the dripper going alot too. Never saw him drink one, but i did manage to catch him in the act one and then he stopped right away and acted like nothing happened lol. He is probably just taking drinks when you arent around, I actually just saw my chameleon drinking while i was misting him today :)

Back
Top Bottom