mist king

jah

free shipping on the mist kings this weekend, thinking of picking one up, is the start kit a good investment for the cham?!

It's an AMAZING investment, honestly. Even if you only have one chameleon, it makes life so much easier. Because the chameleon gets to have a stable misking routine every day, regardless of whether you stay out all day or simply forget, your cham still gets his water at the same time every day.

The more automatic your cage is the easier it is for you. Leaves more time for fun things like hand feeding :)

It's an AMAZING investment, honestly. Even if you only have one chameleon, it makes life so much easier. Because the chameleon gets to have a stable misking routine every day, regardless of whether you stay out all day or simply forget, your cham still gets his water at the same time every day.

The more automatic your cage is the easier it is for you. Leaves more time for fun things like hand feeding :)
awesomee! Just ordered mine, stoked for it to come in:)

All I use is the mist king, I dont use any drippers, congrats on your purchase, after you have it set up for a week you will wonder how you lived without it

make sure you fill your reservoir bucket and drain your drainage bucket regularly. i for one, didnt expect the bucket to fill up so fast.

Misting

I have an ambilobe and i mist every three hours for 30 seconds. Since my system is on a timer, 12 on 12 off, that is about four to five 30 second mistings per day

I have an ambilobe and i mist every three hours for 30 seconds. Since my system is on a timer, 12 on 12 off, that is about four to five 30 second mistings per day

A short duration like that is great if your chams drink that fast. Mine do not even think about it for the first 5 minutes.
Guess you just have to experiment.

I like to do much longer mistings, fewer times a day. Like 20 mins, 5 mins, and 15 mins every day in that order. But it all depends on your conditions and how much water you need to keep the cham hydrated and/or humidity levels up. This works for me but might not for others. I do recommend starting the day with a slightly longer shower though, sort of lubricates them well for the day ahead.

I do long mistings of 10 minutes in the morning and 2 hours before lights out and several 5 min mistings during the day

I have babies set up to mine so I am only doing 30 seconds, but about seven times a day. I am cautious of doing too much for babies out of the fear for respiratory infections.

When they grow up and it's all adults, it will be more along the lines of 2-3 minutes several times a day.

Drainage is important for this type of misting.

As for Mist King, HIGHLY recommend it. I just got one from Marty last weekend, best investment for the collection I've ever made. Over the last 15 years, the two or three animals I have lost from improper misting/hydration while in the care of others while I was away for a month or more traveling....makes the system a worthy investment for me. Now I don't have to stress about it if I am away for a weekend or a few days.

I got the Ultimate Value System, right now I am running 10 cages, need to order more nozzles eventually to do more :)

The easiest place is in one of the front corners facing backwards. I don't put mine way in the corner, but up front is a good place for you to take care of the nozzle if you need to. Instead of reaching way back into the cage.

Back
Top Bottom