May/June South Bay Chameleon Keepers Barbecue

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Howdy All,

The summer is upon us and we are celebrating by having a chameleon keepers barbecue. On Saturday, June 2 we will meet at the Brea location at 2PM where there will be grills available for us. We'll need volunteers to bring potluck food. I'll open up for people to sign up for items and send out an email in a week with a list of what is missing to see if I can drum up volunteers that would like a little direction. I'll start out listing the typical barbecue fare, but please bring things that might expand our palates! So I'll start off with:
Hamburgers
hotdogs
hamburger and hot dog buns
toppings (lettuce, tomoatoes, cheese)
Condiments (ketchup, relish, mustard)
drinks
salads
plates
cups
forks
deserts

RSVP with an email to: [email protected] with how many people will be coming with you and what you'll be bringing. Assume you'll be bringing enough for 20 people. We will reply later with the entire list and with the address and directions to the meeting location (as a matter of course).

2pm-3pm.........Meet & Greet
~4pm............Feeder co-op sale and distribution
~5pm++..........Conversation and Meeting Wrap-up

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are free-of-charge meetings and are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We all enjoy seeing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for Show and Tell or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon's well-being.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. There are usually new members at every meeting.

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/group...n-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

So I talked my girlfriend into making the Trifle dessert for meeting. Pudding from England, some other ingredient from Turkey, and fresh berries from west coast.

Last edited:
SBCK sign-up list

Alright,
So far I have:
Dave: Desert
Steve: Desert
Karen: Potato Salad
Bill: Hamburger patties, cheese and buns

So we need volunteers to sign themselves up for one of the following:
1) lettuce, tomato, etc.. for hamburgers
2) ketchup, mustard, relish
3) Hotdogs and buns
4) drinks and ice
5) paper plates,cups, plastic forks

(remember - we'll have between ten and twenty people)

Come forward ye brave souls and be counted!
Bill

I can bring a few items by for sale as well if anyone is interested in these please pm me.

I have a 24x18x24 exo terra enclosure w/ hydroton balls, plastic window screen then top soil (organic), along with all sides in exo terra background foam for easy mounting of branches. Mint condition, Ill let it go for $200! minus the plants and branches
exo-2.jpg

I have bean beetle cultures. They are great for smaller cham species and are 30% higher in protein then crickets. Super easy to breed, and you could have 10 more cultures in a couple months just from one culture!
$8 cup. (Ill have 10 available)
bean.jpg

Lastly I have 5 cbb T. hoehnelli that are approx 2 months old. They are very easy to keep and are on a diet of mainly bean beetles and ff. $100 ea. They come from turquoise parents btw!
ho.jpg

Alright,
So far I have:
Dave: Desert
Steve: Desert
Karen: Potato Salad
Bill: Hamburger patties, cheese and buns

So we need volunteers to sign themselves up for one of the following:
1) lettuce, tomato, etc.. for hamburgers
2) ketchup, mustard, relish
3) Hotdogs and buns
4) drinks and ice
5) paper plates,cups, plastic forks

(remember - we'll have between ten and twenty people)

Come forward ye brave souls and be counted!
Bill

Renee and I can handle #5: paper plates,cups, plastic forks

We'll also let you guys use the grills :p:D;)

Also add in a cooler for drinks... I'll try to remember to bring ice.....

Edit: I'll also have a bag of pepper and salt chips from Trader Joe's.

Craig, you bringing beer too?

Last edited:
I may bring some beer. Last time I brought some nobody drank them. Sorry I didn't commit to bring some thing. I have been on the fence on wether we were coming or not. Looks like we will be coming so I'll bring something:D

i def want silkworms. glad they got bk to you... whats left that we need?

Hamburger/hotdog condiments and toppings would be great! Lettuce, tomato, ketchup.
I'll assign some other poor soul to bring the second half of mayo, mustard and relish.

Back
Top Bottom